10 Reasons Why You Are Not Losing Weight on Wegovy?
Wegovy is a weight loss medication containing semaglutide, which has raised excitement in recent years. With a staggering 41.9% obesity rate among adults aged 20 and over, as reported by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), the need for effective solutions to lose weight is more pressing than ever. Some individuals, however, find that the drug does not provide them with the results they expected. If you are like those people, you may be frustrated about not losing weight. You may be wondering why this is happening and how to overcome it. In this blog, we will explore 10 possible reasons why you may not be losing weight on Wegovy Pens. In addition, we will provide you with practical tips to get expected results.
How Does Wegovy Pens Work for Weight Loss?
It is a prescription medication that contains semaglutide and is designed to combat obesity in both adults and teenagers. It is classified as a GLP-1 receptor agonist, which mimics the actions of GLP-1 hormones vital for appetite regulation. By activating the receptors in the brain, the medication diminishes hunger and caloric intake, facilitating weight loss. It complements lifestyle changes, such as a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity, offering a complete approach to weight management. Healthcare supervision is essential due to potential side effects, ensuring safe and effective use in the pursuit of healthier weights.
10 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Wegovy
It is important to remember that different people may respond differently to the same medication. Due to this, the effects of Wegovy weight loss injections vary from individual to individual. There are, however, some reasons why using the medicine as directed may not result as expected:
1. You’re Not Modifying Your Diet
A healthy diet and lifestyle are recommended when using Wegovy semaglutide injection. It may seem like an easy solution, but if you do not make the necessary changes to your diet, you won’t see results. Results may not last even if you see them. You can use the pen as a tool to make healthy changes in your diet, including quantity control, nutrient-rich foods, and wholesome snacking habits. Let’s modify your diet by knowing what food you should eat and avoid:
Food to Eat on Wegovy
- Lean protein (chicken breast, fish, eggs, turkey, beef)
- Fruits (kiwis, bananas, oranges, peaches, berries, etc.)
- Veggies (leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, carrots)
- A healthy source of fat (avocados, olives, olive oil, nuts, seeds, including nut butter).
- Grains (oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice, whole-grain pasta).
- Beans (chickpeas, soybeans, lentils, and peanuts).
- Dairy products (milk, yogurt, kefir, cheese).
- Fermented foods (yogurt, beer, kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, other fermented veggies).
Food to Avoid on Wegovy
- Candy, pastries, desserts, soda, juices, and other high-sugar foods.
- Artificial sweeteners include sucrose, saccharin, aspartame, erythritol, and sorbitol.
- Foods that have been processed (packaged or prepared).
- Foods high in fat (fried foods, bacon, ribeye).
- Sodium-rich foods (deli meats, soups, pickles, fast food, and packaged snack foods).
- Alcohol (wine, beer, cocktails)
2. You Are Taking a Low Dose
Wegovy semaglutide injection is administered at a low dose and increased over a period of five months to minimize side effects. Some people experience an immediate reduction in appetite after taking the medication. Other people find that lower doses don’t work well enough to result in significant weight loss. Usually, healthcare providers will increase the dose every four weeks, starting with 0.25mg. The side effects and results of the patient are taken into account when increasing the medication. -There is a maximum dose of 2.4 grams. In other words, it might just be a matter of time if you have only recently started taking this medication. It is possible that your doctor will soon increase the dose, and you will see more loss of weight.
3. You May Need to Wait Longer
It’s possible to feel like you’re not losing weight even though you actually are. One to two pounds per week is an ideal weight loss rate, but not everyone will lose that much weight. Some people might only lose a few pounds a month. If the scale keeps going down every month, even if it’s only a few pounds, that’s a positive sign. We all want to lose weight as quickly as possible, which can be stressful. It just means you might need a little more time to reach your goal weight. Each person’s journey is unique, and comparing your progress to others can be misleading. It’s not just about losing weight fast but about adopting habits that will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Don’t give up, remain consistent, and be grateful for the journey.
4. You Need to Exercise More
It may be time to evaluate your movement if you haven’t incorporated exercise or have only added a small amount. Taking Wegovy weight loss injections and exercising are two essential components of a healthy lifestyle. In other words, you don’t need to begin running or taking cardio classes but rather find something you enjoy that gets you moving more often. It could be dancing, Zumba, pilates, yoga, swimming, trekking, biking, or simply walking. It could also involve parking a distance away when you go out, choosing the stairs instead of the lift, and walking to work.
5. You Are in Stress
Stress is a natural characteristic of life, but if you are stressed for a long time, it could impact how well you lose weight using Wegovy pens. The hormone cortisol, which is associated with stress, causes your body to hold onto weight, particularly belly fat. Stress can also lead to unhealthy eating habits as a coping mechanism, which can further hinder weight loss efforts. Stress management techniques can help you cope if you’re feeling stressed out. There are many methods for managing stress, including meditation, yoga, guided imagery, listening to music, deep breathing exercises, making a call to a friend, and exercising.
6. You Are Not Sleeping Sufficiently
The importance of sleep goes beyond simply feeling rested enough to face the day. If we do not get enough sleep, we will not be able to lose weight, no matter whether we take the medicine. Sleep deprivation leads to a dysregulation of our appetite, and snacking behaviors increase as a result. Those who are sleep-deprived crave foods that are high in carbohydrates and fat, which can lead to weight gain. The recommended amount of sleep for adults is seven to nine hours and high-quality sleep each night.
It is important to set a consistent bedtime and waking time in order to improve the quality and quantity of your sleep. Getting into a sleep routine will help your body get used to it. You can also ensure your sleep is uninterrupted by restricting blue light from electronics a few hours before bed and avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and heavy meals prior to bedtime. For best results, keep your room dark and at a comfortable temperature.
7. You May Have an Underlying Disease
Wegovy weight loss injections may not be able to help you if you suffer from an underlying health condition, such as type 2 diabetes, hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism, or polycystic ovarian syndrome. It is true that the drug can help manage blood sugar levels and improve hemoglobin A1C values for people with type 2 diabetes. But these people seem to struggle more to find results than those without this underlying health condition. In addition, results of the medicine could be affected by certain medications that have weight gain as a side effect, such as blood pressure medications and antipsychotics.
8. You Have Hit a Plateau
It’s possible that you are experiencing a plateau if you have been losing weight on the drug and lately experienced a stall. For at least a month, you should no longer see any changes on the scale. The weight loss plateau is normal regardless of whether you take the medication or are on your own in the process of losing weight. The changes you have made to your body are causing it to adjust. In spite of the fact that a plateau isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it can be frustrating if you haven’t yet reached your goal. It is possible to overcome your plateau by making additional adjustments to your diet or exercise habits or by increasing your dosage.
9. You Are Not Drinking Sufficient Water
The importance of staying hydrated on the medicine cannot be overstated. It can be easy to forget to drink water when your appetite is reduced. When you don’t drink enough water, you can suffer from many health problems, including a reduction in your energy levels, a greater risk of constipation, and an increased tendency to snack excessively. A person’s fluid needs vary based on several factors, such as height, weight, age, activity level, and climate.
Your urine color is a good indicator of how hydrated you are. If it is pale yellow, it means you are drinking enough water. Dark urine indicates that you need more water. Peeing clearly indicates that you have had more than you should have. Water can be easily prioritized by drinking a glass at each meal and keeping a water bottle nearby so you can sip it throughout the day.
10. You Are Inconsistent
The key to success when it comes to using semaglutide for weight loss is to be consistent with the use of the drug. Using the medication inconsistently can actually hinder your progress and make it difficult for you to achieve the results you desire. Wegovy reduces appetite and food intake, but its effectiveness is maximized when taken consistently as prescribed. The appetite-suppressing effects can be diminished by skipping doses or not adhering to the recommended dosing schedule. To optimize your journey, follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and follow them consistently.
Do Wegovy Actually Help People Lose Weight?
A randomized, placebo-controlled study was conducted by Novo Nordisk, the manufacturer of Wegovy, in 2018. In the study, 1,961 adults took a Wegovy semaglutide injection or a placebo for 68 weeks. The two groups were also instructed to follow a reduced-calorie meal plan and to increase their physical activity. Patients were classified as obese (BMI 30) or with excess weight (BMI 27) with a weight-related medical problem (such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol). Both groups started at an average weight of 232 pounds (105.4 kilograms).
Results: In 68 weeks, adults taking the drug lost an average of 35 pounds (15.9 kg), or about 15% of their body weight. On average, those taking placebos lost 6 lbs (2.7 kg), or approximately 2.5% of their body weight. Here are some important points noted in the result:
- It helped 83% of adults lose 5% or more of their weight, compared to just 31% of placebo recipients.
- It reduced weight loss by 10% or more in 66% of adults compared to 12% of those taking a placebo.
- It caused 48% of adults to lose 15% or more of their body weight, compared to 5% of people taking a placebo.
[Note: About 14% of participants failed to reach the study’s main aim of losing at least 5% of their body weight by the study’s end].
What to Do If You’re Not Losing Weight on Wegovy?
Here are a few tips you can follow if the scale isn’t moving while taking the drug:
- Consult your doctor about your dosage, especially if you have just started taking the medicine, you may not have found the right dose.
- Don’t overeat calories. Track your intake for a few days to ensure you are making healthier choices and not overeating.
- It can help you lose weight while following personalized recommendations and guidance from a Registered Dietitian.
- Don’t rush. The pens sometimes take time to show the results, especially at lower doses. It is ideal to lose one to two pounds per week.
- Keep moving throughout the day, whether it’s formal exercise or taking more steps, especially if you work a sedentary job. By doing this, you can increase your calorie deficit and lose weight.
- You should not skip out on sleep since this is when your body recovers and recharges. A lack of sleep can also lead to an increase in snacking. Get at least seven to nine hours of high-quality sleep every night.
- You should always keep a large water bottle by your side to remind you to drink water throughout the day.
- You can manage stress by practicing deep breathing exercises, meditation, guided imagery, or simply by exercising outdoors.
- You should consider reducing or eliminating your alcohol consumption if you do so regularly. When you are on the drug, alcohol can add a lot of extra calories and sugar to your diet.
If you want to buy Wegovy online, then the best Canadian online pharmacy, Polar Bear Meds, is what you should rely on. Here, you get authentic medications at affordable prices delivered to your doorstep from Canada.
If you’re not seeing the desired weight loss results on Wegovy pens, consider these factors: Ensure you’re modifying your diet by choosing nutrient-rich foods and avoiding high-calorie options. Confirm you’re on the right dosage, as adjustments may be needed over time. Be patient; results can take time, with one to two pounds per week being the ideal rate. Incorporate regular exercise, prioritize sufficient sleep, manage stress, and stay hydrated. If the scale isn’t moving, consult your doctor for dosage adjustments and consider seeking guidance from a dietitian. Consistency is key; follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations diligently for optimal results.