Buy Azelaic Acid Cream 20% from a Canadian Pharmacy Online
What Is Azelaic Acid Cream?
Azelaic acid cream is a medical treatment designed explicitly for acne that ranges from mild to moderate severity. It effectively targets and reduces acne-related pimples and inflammation. Belonging to the dicarboxylic acids medication category, it operates in two ways: firstly, by eliminating the bacteria responsible for causing acne, and secondly, by ensuring the skin’s pores remain clear and unblocked. It’s important to note that this cream is unavailable over the counter and requires a prescription from a healthcare professional.
Azelaic Acid Cream Dosage, Usage and Storage
Azelaic acid is commonly available in a 20% strength formula. This concentration is well-supported by research for its effectiveness. The details provided here are general recommendations and might not apply to everyone. If your prescribed dose differs from these guidelines, do not alter it unless advised by your doctor.
For application, gently massage a thin layer onto the affected facial areas twice a day, every 12 hours. This recommendation applies to individuals who are 12 years or older. For children under 12 years, the safety and effectiveness of azelaic acid have not been established.
Here are the instructions for cream application:
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after using the cream. This keeps the application hygienic.
- Before applying the cream, gently clean the area you need to treat. Use water and a mild, soap-free cleanser. After washing, rinse the skin well and pat it dry with a towel. Avoid rubbing the skin harshly.
- Take a small amount of cream and apply it to the affected area. Use gentle motions to rub it into the skin evenly.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage or wrap unless your doctor has advised you to do so.
What to Do If You Miss a Dose?
If you forget to take your medicine, use it as soon as you remember. But if it’s nearly time for your next dose, skip the one you missed. Continue with your usual schedule.
Storing Your Medicine
- Keep the medicine where children can’t reach it.
- Don’t hold onto medicine that’s out of date or not needed anymore.
- If you have unused medicine, ask your healthcare professional the best way to dispose of it.
- Store the medicine in its container at a normal room temperature.
- Make sure it’s away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight.
- Also, ensure it doesn’t freeze.
How Does Azelaic Acid Work?
Azelaic acid is a skincare ingredient that serves several purposes. Primarily, it’s used to improve skin tone and treat discoloration, including dark spots often found in darker skin tones and red scars typical in fair skin. It achieves this by blocking tyrosinase, an enzyme that produces melanin, the pigment that colors our skin. By inhibiting this enzyme, azelaic acid helps to reduce hyperpigmentation caused by conditions like melasma or acne-related inflammation.
In addition to addressing pigmentation issues, azelaic acid also has antibacterial and antioxidant properties. These qualities make it effective in clearing clogged pores, reducing skin inflammation, and treating acne. Unlike stronger acne treatments like salicylic acid and adapalene, azelaic acid is gentler, making it a preferable choice for people with sensitive skin, acne, or rosacea. This dual action of managing discoloration and treating acne-related issues makes azelaic acid a versatile and valuable skincare ingredient.
Precautions to Consider
- It’s important to see your doctor regularly while using this medicine to ensure it’s working correctly and not causing harmful effects.
- If you’re using this medicine for acne, you should see some improvement within 4 weeks. If your acne worsens or doesn’t improve, let your doctor know.
- For rosacea, you should notice improvement within 12 weeks. If there’s no improvement or your rosacea worsens, inform your doctor.
- Be aware of allergic reactions like itching, trouble breathing, or large swellings on various parts of your body (face, throat, hands, feet, etc.). These can be serious & require immediate medical attention.
- The medicine may cause reactions on your skin like rashes, burning, dryness, redness, peeling, stinging, swelling, or irritation. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should let your doctor know right away.
Possible Side Effects of Azelaic Acid
Not everyone experiences these side effects, but if they do happen, you might need to see a doctor. Here are all the possible side effects:
Common Side Effects
Your skin might feel a stinging, burning or tingling sensation. Also, it may become dry, itchy, peel, or turn red.
Less Common Side Effects
More severe skin reactions include burning, blistering, crusting, swelling, more intense dryness or flaking, soreness, or severe redness.
Side Effects with Unknown Frequency
There are various reactions that can be more serious, like:
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Skin rash
- Joint pain
- Chest tightness
- Large swellings on different parts of the body
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing
Lastly, a rare side effect is a change in skin color at the areas where the medicine is applied.
Some side effects don’t usually require medical attention as your body might adjust to the medicine over time. However, if they persist or bother you, consult your healthcare professional. They may offer advice on how to prevent or manage these effects. Always remember to discuss any concerns or symptoms with your healthcare provider for proper guidance.
Azelaic Acid Cream 20% Interactions
When your doctor prescribes Azelaic acid cream 20%, they are already mindful of any potential interactions it could have with other medications you’re taking. They will keep a close watch to ensure everything is safe and compatible. You mustn’t change your medication routine—like starting, stopping, or altering dosages—without first consulting your doctor or pharmacist. As of now, azelaic acid is not known to have any serious interactions with other drugs, but it’s still crucial to get guidance from your healthcare professional before making any changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does azelaic acid cream take to work?
Azelaic acid cream needs time to work. Generally, you might start seeing some improvement in about a month. However, it can take longer to see the full effects. Keep using the cream as your doctor advised. If you don’t see any improvement after a month, or if things get worse, let your doctor know.
Is it okay to use azelaic acid everyday?
Yes, you can use azelaic acid every day. It’s safe to apply it up to two times a day. Regular daily use is actually the best way to see good results. If your skin is sensitive or if you have skin conditions like rosacea or POD, start by using it every other day at first.
What should you not mix with azelaic acid?
When using azelaic acid in your skincare routine, it’s best to avoid combining it with certain other ingredients, as they might not work well together or could irritate your skin. These ingredients include:
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Beta hydroxy acids or BHAs (like salicylic acid)
- Alpha hydroxy acids or AHAs (like glycolic acid)
- Physical exfoliators
- Rotating brushes
- Vitamin C
- Face scrubs
Who should stay away from azelaic acid?
Azelaic acid is a skincare product, but it’s not for everyone. If you have dark skin, you should be careful using it because it can change your skin color. If you see parts of your skin getting lighter, you should tell your doctor immediately. Also, if you have asthma, azelaic acid could make it worse. So, if you have asthma and notice any changes after using azelaic acid, you should talk to your doctor about it.
At PolarBearMeds.com, we assure you the most affordable cost to buy Azelaic online. Rest easy knowing that your order will be dispatched from a reputable Licensed Canada Pharmacy Online, adhering to the highest standards of quality and authenticity. Our discounted products are promptly shipped from Canada directly to your doorstep, ensuring a swift and secure delivery experience. To conveniently access Azelaic Acid Cream 20% at a substantial price, call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.