Buy Diovan Tablets from the Certified Canadian Pharmacy Online
What Is Diovan (Valsartan)?
Diovan is a brand name for the prescription medication valsartan. It belongs to a class of drugs known as angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs). Valsartan is commonly used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure and to improve the chances of living longer after a heart attack.
How Does It Work?
Valsartan, the active ingredient in Diovan, works by selectively blocking angiotensin II type 1 receptors, which are present in various tissues, including blood vessels. Angiotensin II is a powerful vasoconstrictor that narrows blood vessels and raises blood pressure. Diovan prevents angiotensin II from binding to its receptors, resulting in vasodilation, reduced peripheral resistance, and lowered blood pressure. Furthermore, it proves effective in treating heart failure by alleviating the heart’s workload and enhancing its pumping capability.
Diovan Dosage and Storage Instructions
Diovan is available in different forms, including oral tablets and oral solutions. The tablets come in various strengths, such as:
- Diovan 40 mg tablets
- Diovan 80 mg tablets
- Diovan 160 mg tablets
- Diovan 320 mg tablets
The dosage prescribed by a healthcare professional depends on the specific condition being treated and the individual patient’s needs. Typically, Diovan is taken once or twice daily, with or without food. It is crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and administration instructions provided by the healthcare provider to ensure the Diovan 160 mg price and effectiveness.
How to Store?
Diovan should be stored at room temperature, away from excessive heat and moisture. It is advisable to keep Diovan in its original packaging and out of reach of children. Avoid storing the medication in the bathroom, as the humidity can affect its stability. Additionally, always check the Diovan 160 mg price and expiration date before using it.
- Diovan 160 mg tablets should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Patients with pre-existing kidney issues or a history of kidney disease should inform their healthcare provider before starting Diovan.
- Diovan can affect electrolyte balance, particularly potassium levels.
- Individuals with liver disease or a history of liver problems should exercise caution, as Diovan is metabolized in the liver.
- Diovan may lead to a drop in blood pressure, especially during the initiation of treatment.
Warnings to Consider
- Patients with a known allergy to valsartan or any components of Diovan should not use the medication.
- Diovan may interact with certain drugs, necessitating adjustments or alternatives.
- Diovan can increase potassium levels in the blood, especially in patients with pre-existing kidney problems or diabetes.
Diovan Side Effects
Diovan (valsartan) is generally well-tolerated by most individuals, but like any medication, it can cause side effects:
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Upper respiratory infections
- Increased blood potassium levels
- Allergic reactions
- Kidney problems
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Liver problems
- Changes in Blood Cell Counts
Patients taking Diovan should be aware of these potential side effects and should notify their healthcare provider if any unusual or severe symptoms occur.
What Drugs Interact with Diovan?
Diovan (valsartan) interacts with 316 drugs, along with 8 disease interactions and 2 alcohol/food interactions. Of the total drug interactions, 30 are major, 284 are moderate, and 2 are minor. Here are some classes of drugs that may interact with Diovan:
- Potassium-Sparing Diuretics and Potassium Supplements (e.g., spironolactone)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen and naproxen
- Antihypertensive drugs, such as ACE inhibitors
- Azole antifungal agents, such as ketoconazole
- Antibiotics like Rifampin
- Dual Endothelin Receptor Antagonists such as bosentan
Before starting or stopping any medication while taking Diovan, consult your healthcare provider. If necessary, they can adjust your treatment plan based on potential interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Diovan 160 mg tablet effective in treating heart failure?
Yes, Diovan 160 mg tablet can be used to treat heart failure. It helps the heart pump blood more efficiently by relaxing blood vessels and reducing strain on the heart. By blocking certain substances that narrow blood vessels, Diovan improves blood flow, making it a beneficial medication for managing heart failure and enhancing the overall functioning of the heart.
How often should I take Diovan tablets?
Take Diovan tablets exactly as your doctor instructs. Typically, it’s once or twice a day. You can take them with or without food, but try to take them at the same time daily for consistency. If you skip a dose, take it when you remember, but skip the missed one if it’s almost time for the successive dose.
How long does it take for Diovan to start working?
Diovan may start lowering blood pressure within a few hours, but the full effect might take several weeks. It’s important to continue taking it as prescribed, even if you don’t immediately notice any changes. Your doctor will monitor your progress and adjust the dosage if needed to achieve the best results in managing your blood pressure or other conditions.
Can I take Diovan tablets during pregnancy?
It’s generally not recommended to take Diovan during pregnancy, especially in the second and third trimesters, as it may harm the developing baby. If you’re pregnant or planning to become pregnant, consult your doctor. They can discuss alternative treatments to ensure both your health and the baby’s well-being throughout the pregnancy.
At PolarBearMeds.com, we assure you the most affordable prices for Diovan 160 mg Tablets online. Rest easy knowing that your order will be dispatched from a reputable Licensed Canada Pharmacy Online, adhering to the highest standards of quality and authenticity. Our discounted products are promptly shipped from Canada directly to your doorstep, ensuring a swift and secure delivery experience. To conveniently buy Diovan online at a substantial cost, call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.