Buy Xiidra Eye Drops (Lifitegrast 5%) from Canada Online
What Is Xiidra (Lifitegrast 5%)?
Xiidra (Lifitegrast 5%) is a type of eye drop used for treating dry eye disease in adults over 17 years old. It’s a member of a group of medications known as lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) antagonists, which can also be described as ophthalmic (eye-related) anti-inflammatory agents.
How Do Xiidra Eye Drops Work?
The way Xiidra functions is by targeting a specific protein found on certain white blood cells, named lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1). This protein normally binds to another molecule, ICAM-1, which is found in higher amounts in the eyes of people suffering from dry eye disease. The binding of LFA-1 and ICAM-1 plays a role in activating T-cells (a type of white blood cell), which move to the affected area and release inflammatory substances. By blocking LFA-1 from binding to ICAM-1, Xiidra helps reduce this inflammation and, as a result, eases the symptoms of dry eye disease. The precise mechanism of how it alleviates dry eye symptoms is not completely understood, but its effectiveness in reducing inflammation is clear.
Xiidra gradually diminishes symptoms of dry eye disease by reducing inflammation in the eyes over time.
Xiidra Dosage & Usage
Dosage Forms & Strength
Xiidra is an eye drop solution with a concentration of lifitegrast at 5%, or 50 milligrams per milliliter. It’s packaged in small, single-use containers made of low-density polyethylene, each holding 0.2 milliliters of the solution. These containers are supplied in a foil pouch, with each carton containing 60 of these single-use containers.
How to Use Xiidra?
Here are the steps to use Xiidra Eye Drops:
- Start by washing your hands thoroughly.
- Gently tilt your head back and pull down the lower eyelid to form a small pocket.
- Hold the dropper above your eye, tip pointing downwards. Avoid direct eye contact with the dropper.
- While looking up, squeeze the dropper gently to release one drop into the eye.
- Apply one drop in each eye two times a day, about 12 hours apart.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes, keeping your head level. Try not to blink or squint.
- Softly press your finger on the inside corner of your eye for about a minute. This helps the liquid stay in the eye.
How to Store & Handle Xiidra Eye Drops?
- Store the eye drops at a room temperature of 20-25°C (68-77°F).
- Keep them away from moisture, heat, and direct light to ensure their effectiveness.
- Maintain the drops in their original foil pouch. This is important for preserving their quality.
- Do not open the pouch until you need to use the drops.
- If you have single-use containers that you haven’t used, put them back in their foil pouch. This helps protect them from too much light.
- Always keep Xiidra and other medications out of children’s reach to ensure their safety.
- Do not let the dropper tip touch your eye or any surface.
- Discard each container after use, even if there is leftover solution.
- Remove them before applying Xiidra. You can put them back in after 15 minutes.
- Before using any other eye drops prescribed by your doctor, wait at least 10 minutes.
- Use Xiidra as your healthcare provider has instructed. Stick to the prescribed amount and duration.
Remember, keeping the dropper clean is essential to avoid eye infections, and always discard the single-use container after application. If you have any doubts or experience discomfort, contact your healthcare provider.
Ingredients Alert: This product might have some inactive elements that could cause allergies or other issues. It’s a good idea to talk to your pharmacist if you have any concerns.
Medical History: Before you start using this medication, please inform your doctor or pharmacist about your past and current health conditions.
Vision Caution: After applying this drug, you might experience blurry vision for a short period. Please avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that requires clear vision until you’re sure you can do it safely.
Surgical Precautions: If you’re planning to undergo surgery, make sure to tell your doctor or dentist about all the medications you’re taking. This includes prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and any herbal supplements.
Use During Pregnancy: Use this medication during pregnancy only if it’s necessary. It’s important to discuss the potential risks and benefits with your doctor.
Breastfeeding Advisory: It’s not clear if this drug can be transferred to breast milk. If you’re breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed, please consult your doctor before using this medication.
Not for Younger Users: Xiidra is not recommended for anyone under the age of 17.
Xiidra Side Effects
If you experience an allergic reaction like skin rashes (hives), difficulty in breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat after using Xiidra, seek emergency medical help immediately.
Stop using Xiidra and contact your doctor right away if you notice:
- Problems with your vision.
- Intense redness or irritation in your eyes.
While using Xiidra, you may experience some less severe Xiidra side effects, such as:
- Blurry vision.
- A feeling of discomfort in your eyes.
- Eye irritation.
- A strange or unpleasant taste in your mouth.
What Other Drugs Will Interact with Xiidra?
Xiidra is unlikely to react with other medications. However, since different drugs can affect each other, it’s important to tell all your healthcare providers about every medication you’re taking. This includes prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Remember, it’s important to discuss any concerns or questions about Xiidra with your healthcare provider. They can provide you with the most personalized and accurate information based on your specific health needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you buy Xiidra over the counter?
Xiidra is actually a prescription-only medication, so you can’t buy it over the counter. You would normally use Xiidra twice a day, and its key ingredient is lifitegrast. If you want to buy Xiidra from Canada online, just contact us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.
Is Xiidra a steroid eye drop?
Xiidra, also known as lifitegrast, is not a steroid eye drop. It’s actually an LFA-1 antagonist. While both steroid eye drops and Xiidra aim to reduce inflammation in the eyes, Xiidra does so through a different and more targeted mechanism.
Can Xiidra cause hair loss?
Xiidra isn’t known to cause hair loss. During its clinical trials, hair loss wasn’t identified as a Xiidra side effect. Interestingly, some studies suggest there might be a link between alopecia, a condition that leads to hair loss, and dry eye disease, which is what Xiidra is used to treat. However, it’s important to remember that this doesn’t mean Xiidra causes hair loss.
How do I know if Xiidra is working?
When you start using Xiidra, which is also known as lifitegrast, keep in mind that it might take a little while before you see any improvements in your dry eyes. In the studies that were done by the company that makes Xiidra, some people began to notice they were feeling better after about two weeks. However, for others, it could take anywhere between 6 to 12 weeks to really feel the full benefits of the medication.
At PolarBearMeds.com, we assure you the most affordable cost for Xiidra Eye Drops online. Rest easy knowing that your order will be dispatched from a reputable Licensed Canada Pharmacy Online, adhering to the highest standards of quality and authenticity. Our discounted products are promptly shipped from Canada directly to your doorstep, ensuring a swift and secure delivery experience. To conveniently access Lifitegrast 5% at a substantial Xiidra Eye Drops price, call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.