Buy Fiasp Insulin Cartridge Online from Canadian Pharmacies
Each 15ml is a package of 5 x 3ml cartridges
What is a Fiasp Insulin Cartridge?
The Fiasp Cartridge combines insulin aspart, a rapid-acting human insulin, with additional niacinamide and L-arginine. This enhanced formulation accelerates the onset of insulin as part’s effectiveness, allowing it to start acting more swiftly compared to other rapid-acting insulins. It is prescribed to individuals who do not produce sufficient natural insulin to adequately regulate their blood glucose levels.
Each Fiasp insulin Cartridge consists of 3 mL of 100 units/mL injectable solution. Cartons with 5 units are available. These Cartridges are specifically designed for use with a compatible refillable PenFill cartridge device, such as the NovoPen. Fiasp is administered via subcutaneous injection into the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm.
What Is Fiasp Cartridge Pen Used For?
Fiasp Cartridge Pen is used to administer insulin to individuals with diabetes. It consists of a rapid-acting insulin called insulin aspart, along with niacinamide and L-arginine. This combination allows the insulin to start working more quickly compared to other mealtime insulins.
Fiasp Cartridge Pen is prescribed for people who do not produce enough of their own insulin to effectively regulate their blood sugar levels. It helps to control blood sugar spikes that occur after meals. This type of insulin is typically taken before or shortly after meals to help manage post-meal glucose levels. It is important to use the Fiasp Cartridge Pen under the guidance and prescription of a healthcare provider.
How to Take Fiasp Insulin?
A healthcare professional decides the Fiasp insulin dosage based on each patient’s unique requirements and circumstances. It is crucial to adhere to their detailed directions. Here is how Fiasp insulin is typically administered:
- Use soap and water to thoroughly wash your hands.
- The Fiasp insulin cartridge, Fiasp Cartridge Pen, alcohol swab (if required), and a sharps container should all be gathered.
Examining the insulin: Check the insulin for any visual changes before each usage. It needs to be spotless and crystal clear. If it appears hazy or has particles in it, don’t use it.
Preparing the Pen: It might be necessary to prime the Pen if it hasn’t been used in a while or if this is the first time using a new cartridge. This guarantees that the Pen is dispensing the proper dosage.
Choosing a dose: Set the dose selector to the number of units that your doctor has advised. Ensure that it is aligned with the dose pointer.
- Depending on the guidance of your healthcare practitioner, clean the injection site with the help of an alcohol swab.
- The chosen injection site (often the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm) should be inserted with the needle at a 90-degree angle while holding the Pen like a pencil or syringe.
Dose administration: Completely depress the dosage button and hold it there for a few seconds. This guarantees that the entire dose is administered.
Taking the Needle Out: After the dose has been administered, gently remove the needle.
How to Get Rid of the Needle: To prevent unintentional needle sticking, put the used needle as soon as possible in a sharps container.
Keeping the Pen Safe: Keep the Pen at room temperature as directed by the manufacturer while not in use.
How Does Fiasp Cartridge Work?
The addition of niacinamide and L-arginine in Fiasp helps to enhance the speed at which insulin aspart becomes active in the body. Here are the steps on how it works:
- Insulin Absorption: After injecting Fiasp, the insulin aspart is absorbed into the blood through the tiny blood vessels just beneath the skin’s surface. This process is called subcutaneous absorption.
- Rapid Onset of Action: Due to the special formulation of Fiasp, the insulin aspart in the cartridge starts to work more quickly compared to regular mealtime insulins. This means it begins to lower blood sugar levels sooner after injection.
- Regulation of Blood Sugar: Once in the bloodstream, insulin aspart performs its primary role – it facilitates the uptake of glucose (sugar) from the bloodstream into cells. This action helps to lower elevated blood sugar levels.
- Post-Meal Control: Fiasp is typically administered before or soon after meals to help manage the surge in blood glucose levels that take place after eating. By acting swiftly, it can better mimic the body’s natural response to meals.
- Duration of Action: Like other rapid-acting insulins, Fiasp has a shorter duration of action compared to long-acting insulins. This means it is effective for a relatively shorter period and may need to be supplemented with additional doses or other types of insulin as prescribed by a healthcare provider.
Why Use Fiasp Insulin Cartridges?
This particular formulation of insulin aspart exhibits accelerated onset compared to other insulin aspart variants yet offers the advantage of a broad dosing window of up to 20 minutes. This grants the flexibility of tailored dosing. The cartridges are designed to be used with a reusable pen, which can be seamlessly swapped with other compatible insulin cartridges, providing added convenience for patients.
Warnings for Fiasp Penfill Cartridge
- Never share the PenFill® cartridge or PenFill® cartridge device, even if the needle is changed, between different patients. Sharing needles or syringes can transmit blood-borne infections.
- Any alterations in your insulin routine, such as changes in strength, type, injection site, or brand, can impact blood sugar control and potentially lead to low or high blood sugar levels.
- Abruptly shifting the injection site to an unaffected area or repeated injections into regions with lipodystrophy or localized cutaneous amyloidosis may lead to high blood sugar levels.
- Any modifications to your insulin regimen should be done under the supervision of your doctor, and blood glucose levels should be closely monitored.
- Adjustments in concurrent anti-diabetic medications may be necessary.
- If you are taking other medications concurrently, it’s crucial to regularly check labels to prevent any mix-ups between other medications and your Fiasp insulin.
Side Effects of Using Fiasp Insulin Cartridges
Using Fiasp insulin may lead to several potential side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Allergic reactions
- Injection site reactions
- Weight gain
- Lipodystrophy (changes in fat tissue)
Less common but more serious side effects can occur. If you experience any unusual symptoms or side effects while using Fiasp insulin, it is important to contact your healthcare provider for guidance. They can provide appropriate advice and determine if any adjustments to your treatment plan are necessary.
To get medical advice if you experience any of these side effects, please contact your doctor as soon as possible. Additionally, you can report these side effects to the FDA by calling 1-800-FDA-1088 or by visiting www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Storage Directions for Fiasp Penfill Cartridge
Unopened: If Fiasp PenFill is unopened, it should be kept in a refrigerator at temperatures between 36°F to 46°F, i.e. 2°C to 8°C, until the date of expiration. If it has been inadequately reserved outside of the refrigerator, it can be used for up to 28 days or 4 weeks from the time it’s first opened.
Opened and In Use: Once opened, Fiasp PenFill is kept at room temperature, below 30°C or 86°F, for almost 4 weeks. It is important not to cool Fiasp PenFill cartridges once they have been opened.
Fiasp Insulin Cartridge Interactions
Fiasp insulin cartridges may interact with certain medications. Thiazolidinediones (TZDs), when used together with Fiasp, can lead to heart failure and fluid retention. Medications affecting potassium levels may influence the risk of hypokalemia. It’s important to consult a healthcare provider about potential interactions with specific medications to ensure the safe and effective use of the Fiasp insulin cartridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Fiasp Cartridge be shared between patients?
No, Fiasp Cartridge should never be shared between patients, even if the needle is changed. Sharing insulin cartridges or devices can potentially transmit blood-borne pathogens and pose serious health risks. Each cartridge is intended for individual use and should be used exclusively by the person for whom it was prescribed.
How should I dispose of used Fiasp Cartridges?
Used Fiasp Cartridges should be carefully placed in a designated sharps container to ensure safe disposal. This container is specifically designed to prevent accidental needle sticks and is typically available at pharmacies or provided by healthcare providers. Do not dispose of used cartridges in regular household waste. Always follow local regulations for the proper disposal of medical sharps.
Is it possible to gain weight from a Fiasp Penfill Cartridge?
Yes, weight gain can be a potential side effect of using Fiasp Cartridge, as with many insulin treatments. However, it’s important to note that individual experiences may vary, and not everyone will necessarily experience weight gain. Factors such as diet, exercise, and overall health can also influence changes in weight while using insulin. It’s advisable to discuss any concerns about weight changes with a healthcare provider.
Do Fiasp Cartridges need to be refrigerated after they are first used?
No, Fiasp Cartridges should not be refrigerated after they have been opened or used for the first time. After the initial use, they are stored at room temperature (below 86°F or 30°C) for 4 weeks (28 days). Refrigerating used cartridges is not recommended as it may affect the integrity and effectiveness of the insulin.
At PolarBearMeds.com, you can find Fiasp Penfill Cartridge at the most competitive prices, sourced directly from licensed Canadian Pharmacies. We ensure swift delivery of your order. For substantial discounts on Fiasp and other insulin products, dial 1-888-779-2193 toll-free to place your order with a Canadian pharmacy.