Each 15ml is a package of 5 x 3ml cartridges
What is a Fiasp Cartridge?
Fiasp Cartridge contains insulin aspart, a rapid-acting type of human insulin, as well as added niacinamide and L-arginine. This improved formulation advances the onset of insulin aspartate activity, which means that it begins to work more quickly than other mealtime insulins. Insulin aspart is given to patients who do not make enough of their own insulin to properly control their blood sugar levels.
Each Fiasp insulin Cartridge contains 3 mL of 100 units/mL solution for injection and cartons containing 5 units are available. Fiasp Cartridges are exclusively compatible with a refillable PenFill cartridge device, like the NovoPen. Fiasp is given as a subcutaneous injection into the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm.
What Is Fiasp Penfill Cartridge Used For?
Fiasp is a rapid-acting insulin primarily used as part of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes mellitus management. This insulin is typically paired with a longer-acting insulin, also known as a basal insulin, that works during periods between meals and during sleep. Fiasp begins to work almost immediately after administration, hence it should be given at the start, or within 20 minutes, of a meal.
Why Use Fiasp Cartridges?
This preparation of insulin aspart works faster than other insulin aspart products yet has the flexibility of a wide dosing window (20 minutes), allowing for customizable dosing. Cartridges are meant for use with a refillable pen that can be easily interchanged with other compatible insulin cartridges, for patient convenience.
Warnings For Fiasp Penfill Cartridge
- Even if the needle is changed you should never share PenFill® cartridge or PenFill® cartridge device between patients. Sharing needles or syringes can lead to the transmission of blood-borne pathogens.Any changes in insulin regimen (insulin strength, type, area of injection or manufacturer) can affect glycemic control and potentially lead to hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
- Sudden change to an injection site (to an unaffected area) or repeated injections into areas of lipodystrophy or localized cutaneous amyloidosis may result in hyperglycemia.
- Any changes to your insulin regimen should be supervised by your doctor and blood glucose levels should be closely monitored.
- Adjustments in concomitant anti-diabetic treatment may be needed.
- If patients are currently taking other medications, they should regularly check labels to avoid mix-ups between other medications and their Fiasp insulin.
Side Effects Of Using Fiasp Insulin
- The most common side effect related to Fiasp is hypoglycemia which in some cases may be life threatening.
- Heart failure and fluid retention may occur with the concomitant use of thiazolidinediones (TZDs). Dosage reduction or discontinuation may be recommended if any severe symptoms or complications such as heart failure are experienced.
- As with other insulins, the use of Fiasp insulin can lead to other life-threatening hypokalemia which may cause ventricular arrhythmia, paralysis and even death. It’s important to monitor potassium levels in order to prevent hypokalemia and consult with your physician if treatment is necessary.
- Infusion set or pump malfunctions can lead to ketoacidosis or rapid onset of hyperglycemia.
- Other adverse reactions may include: allergic reactions, injection site reactions, weight gain, lipodystrophy, rash, pruritus and hypoglycemia.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Storage Directions For Fiasp Penfill Cartridge
In use (opened): After first use, Fiasp® PenFill® can be stored at room temperature (below 86°F [30°C]) for a maximum of 4 weeks (28 days).1 Do not refrigerate Fiasp® PenFill® cartridges after first use.
PolarBearMeds.com will provide the lowest price for Fiasp Penfill Cartridge from Canada. We guarantee your order will be shipped from a Licensed Canadian Pharmacy. All of our discount Insulin products are shipped fast from Canada, straight to your door. To buy Fiasp online at a large discount from a Canada Pharmacy please call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.