Buy Lantus Insulin Cartridge Online from Canada
Each 15ml is a package of 5 x 3ml cartridges
What Is Lantus Cartridge (Insulin Glargine Injections)?
Lantus Cartridge (Insulin Glargine) refers to a pre-filled container holding a specific dosage of Lantus insulin, a long-acting insulin used to manage blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes not used for the treatment diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).
These cartridges are compatible with insulin pens, facilitating accurate and convenient dosing. When inserted into the pen, the insulin is administered through a needle for subcutaneous injection. This method ensures a controlled insulin release over an extended period, aiding blood sugar regulation. Proper storage and handling of these cartridges are crucial to maintain their efficacy.
Dosage and Administration of Lantus Insulin Cartridge
The prescribed dosage of Lantus 3ml Insulin Cartridge depends on various factors such as diet, activity level, and health condition. Changes in circumstances like illness, pregnancy, or medication may also influence the required dose.
Administer the cartridge subcutaneously once daily, preferably at the same time each day. For those with type 2 diabetes who haven’t used insulin before, an initial dose of 10 U per day is standard, with subsequent adjustments based on insulin needs. Adjustments may be necessary to prevent hypoglycemia when transitioning from another long-acting insulin. Always follow your healthcare provider’s guidance.
Administration of Lantus Cartridges
To administer Lantus Cartridges, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Check the cartridge for any visible particles or discolouration. It should be clear and colorless.
- Common sites include the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. Rotate injection sites to prevent lipodystrophy (changes in fat under the skin).
- Use an alcohol swab to clean the chosen site. Allow it to air dry.
- Attach a new needle to the pen according to manufacturer instructions.
- Set the dose selector to the number of units you require.
- You should hold the pen with the needle pointing upwards while gently tapping the pen to release any air bubbles. Expel air until the needle tip appears with a drop of insulin.
- Insert the needle into the cleaned skin at a 90-degree angle. Inject the insulin by pressing the button. Keep the button pressed and slowly count to 10 before withdrawing the needle.
- Safely dispose of the needle in a sharps container.
- Keep a record of your doses for accurate monitoring.
Always follow the specific instructions provided by your healthcare provider or the manufacturer of the insulin pen. If you have doubts or concerns about the Lantus cartridge price, consult your healthcare provider or a pharmacist. PolarBearMeds.com ensures affordable Lantus Cartridge price, allowing individuals to access this crucial medication without straining their budget.
How to Store It?
Store Lantus Cartridges in the refrigerator between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Avoid freezing, and do not use insulin that has been frozen. Cartridges can be stored at room temperature below 86°F (30°C) for up to 28 days. Protect them from direct sunlight and extreme heat. Inspect the insulin for color changes, clumps, or particles before use and discard if found. Always check the product labeling for specific storage instructions and Lantus cartridge cost. The Lantus Cartridge cost may vary depending on the pharmacy and location.
How Does Lantus Insulin Cartridge Work?
Lantus Insulin Cartridge contains insulin glargine, a long-acting form of insulin. When injected subcutaneously, it forms micro precipitates, slowly releasing insulin and providing a steady supply over an extended period. This helps regulate blood sugar levels, especially between meals and overnight.
Unlike short-acting insulins, Lantus doesn’t have a pronounced peak, offering a more consistent glucose control. It mimics the natural pattern of insulin secretion in the body. Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for proper administration and Lantus cartridge cost. Certain Canadian pharmacies offer discounts on Lantus Cartridge price.
Warnings and Precautions
Here are important warnings and precautions to consider when using Lantus Insulin Cartridge:
- Lantus may cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Be vigilant for symptoms like sweating, dizziness, and confusion. Have a source of sugar readily available in case of an episode.
- Monitor blood sugar levels regularly. Contact your healthcare provider if levels remain consistently high.
- Changes in diet, activity level, or other medications can affect your Lantus dose. Always consult your healthcare provider before making any adjustments.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms of a severe allergic reaction, such as rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing.
- Be alert for redness, swelling, or itching at the injection site. Rotate sites to minimize this risk.
- Inform your healthcare provider of liver or kidney conditions, as they may affect your body’s processes of Lantus.
- Let your healthcare provider know about all medications, supplements, and herbal products you are taking, as they may interact with Lantus.
- Consult your healthcare provider if you are pregnant. Proper blood sugar control is crucial during these times.
Always seek personalized advice from your healthcare provider regarding using Lantus Insulin Cartridge.
Side Effects of Lantus Cartridge
Here are the potential side effects of the Lantus Cartridge:
- Allergic Reactions
- Injection Site Reactions
- Weight Gain
- Fluid Retention
- Vision Changes
- Liver Problems
- Kidney Problems
- Allergic Skin Reactions
Remember, not everyone will experience these side effects, and some may experience side effects not listed here. Contact your healthcare provider if you notice any unusual symptoms while using Lantus. They can guide you in managing side effects and determine if any adjustments to your treatment plan are necessary.
Lantus Insulin Interactions
Here are some medications that may interact with Lantus Insulin:
- Oral Diabetes Medications
- Other Insulins
- ACE Inhibitors and ARBs
- Thiazolidinediones (TZDs)
- Certain Antidepressants
- Growth Hormone
- Some Antibiotics
It’s essential to inform your healthcare provider about all medications, supplements, and herbal products to ensure the use of Lantus Insulin is safe and effective. They can provide specific guidance based on your medical history and current medications.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for Lantus to start working?
Lantus, or insulin glargine, typically starts working within a few hours after injection. It provides a slow, steady release of insulin to help regulate blood sugar levels throughout the day. Remember that individual responses may vary, so you must monitor your blood sugar levels regularly and consult your healthcare provider for personalized guidance.
Can the Lantus Insulin Cartridge be mixed with other insulins?
The Lantus Insulin Cartridge (insulin glargine) should not be mixed with other insulins. It is a long-acting insulin that works differently from short-acting or rapid-acting insulins. Mixing it with other insulins can alter its effectiveness and lead to unpredictable blood sugar levels. Always consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist for specific instructions on insulin administration.
Can I reuse needles for injecting Lantus?
Reusing needles for injecting Lantus or any other insulin is not recommended. Reusing needles can lead to blunting or bending of the needle, which may cause discomfort and tissue damage. Additionally, it increases the risk of contamination and infection. Using a new, sterile needle for each injection is essential to ensure accurate dosing and minimize potential complications. Always follow proper needle disposal guidelines from your healthcare provider or local health authorities.
How should I store the Lantus Insulin Cartridge?
Lantus Insulin Cartridges should be stored in a refrigerator at a temperature between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Do not allow them to freeze. Keep the cartridge in the original carton to protect it from light. Once in use, cartridges can be kept at room temperature (below 86°F or 30°C) for up to 28 days. Avoid exposure to direct heat and sunlight. Always check the expiration date and discard any expired cartridges. If there are any doubts about storage, consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
PolarBearMeds.com offers the most competitive Lantus Cartridges price sourced from accredited Canadian pharmacies. Rest assured, your order will be shipped from a licensed Canadian Pharmacy. All our discounted Insulin medications are swiftly delivered from Canada to your doorstep. For affordable medication options from a certified Canadian pharmacy, call us toll-free at 1-888-779-2193.