Buy Tresiba Flextouch 200 Units/ml Online from Canada
What Is Tresiba Flextouch (Insulin Degludec Injections)?
Tresiba FlexTouch (Insulin Degludec Injections) is a long-acting insulin that controls fasting blood sugar levels. It is vital for diabetes patients unable to produce sufficient natural insulin for proper glucose level regulation. This insulin mirrors the release pattern of pharmacokinetic, providing a steady low dose throughout the day. A Tresiba FlexTouch 200 unit/ml insulin pen comprises 3 ml of a 200 unit/ml solution, with each carton containing 5 units of Tresiba.
Dosage, Administration, and Storage
Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you navigate through the dosage, administration, and storage of Tresiba flextouch 200 Units/ml:
The dosage of Tresiba flextouch 200 Units/ml (insulin degludec) is highly individualized and should be determined by a healthcare provider based on age, weight, and specific insulin requirements. It is typically administered once daily at the same time each day. Patients should follow their healthcare provider’s precise dosing instructions for optimal results.
How to Administer?
Tresiba flextouch 200 Units/ml (insulin degludec) is administered via subcutaneous injection, typically once daily. The recommended injection sites include the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. Rotating injection sites within the same region is essential to minimize the risk of lipodystrophy. The injection should be given simultaneously daily, but the specific time can be adjusted to suit the patient’s lifestyle. Always follow the dosage and administration instructions provided by your healthcare provider.
How to Store?
Proper storage of Tresiba FlexTouch is essential to maintain its effectiveness. Here’s what you need to know:
- Before opening, store Tresiba FlexTouch in the refrigerator at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- Do not freeze Tresiba. Freezing can damage the insulin and make it less effective.
- If you’re actively using a pen, it can be kept at room temperature, below 86°F (30°C), for up to 56 days. Keep it away from direct heat and light.
- Always keep the pen in its original carton to protect it from light.
- Pens not in use should be stored in the refrigerator. Do not store it with the needle attached.
Remember, if Tresiba has been exposed to temperatures outside the recommended range or shows any signs of damage, it should be discarded. Always check the expiration date before use.
How Does Tresiba (Insulin Degludec) Work?
Tresiba (insulin degludec) mimics the natural pattern of insulin release. Here’s the mechanism of action in steps:
Prodrug Activation: Insulin Degludec forms multi-hexamers in the subcutaneous tissue after injection.
Slow and Continuous Absorption: These multi-hexamers release monomers of insulin Degludec slowly and continuously into the bloodstream.
Stable Basal Insulin Levels: This results in a steady and prolonged supply of insulin, providing a consistent basal insulin level in the bloodstream.
Metabolic Effects: Insulin helps cells in the body absorb glucose from the bloodstream, reducing high blood sugar levels.
Regulation of Glucose Levels: Tresiba helps regulate fasting blood sugar levels effectively by maintaining steady insulin levels.
Prolonged Duration of Action: Tresiba offers coverage for up to 42 hours, allowing for once-daily dosing due to its extended half-life.
This mechanism of action helps individuals with diabetes achieve better control over their blood sugar levels throughout the day. Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for proper use.
Warnings and Precautions
Here are important warnings and precautions to consider when using Tresiba FlexTouch 200 Units/ml:
- Tresiba may cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Be vigilant for symptoms like sweating, dizziness, and confusion. Have a source of sugar readily available in case of an episode.
- Monitor blood sugar levels regularly. Contact your healthcare provider if levels stay consistently high.
- Changes in diet, activity level, or other medications can affect your Tresiba dose. Always consult your healthcare provider before making adjustments.
- Seek immediate medical help if you experience rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing.
- Be alert for redness, swelling, or itching at the injection site. Rotate sites to minimize this risk.
- Inform your healthcare provider of any liver or kidney conditions, as they may affect how your body processes Tresiba.
- Let your healthcare provider know about all medications, supplements, and herbal products you are taking, as they may interact with Tresiba.
- Consult your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding. Proper blood sugar control is crucial during these times.
- Be cautious if your blood sugar levels must be well-controlled, as it may affect your ability to operate machinery or drive.
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking, which can affect blood sugar levels.
Always consult your healthcare provider for personalized advice and guidance on using Tresiba FlexTouch.
Side Effects of Tresiba FlexTouch 200 Units/ml
Here are some potential side effects of Tresiba FlexTouch 200 Units/ml:
- Allergic Reactions
- Injection Site Reactions
- Weight Gain
- Fluid Retention and Swelling
- Vision Changes
- Low Potassium Levels
- Increased Heart Rate
- Skin Reactions
- Liver Problems
Remember, not everyone will experience these side effects, and some may experience none at all. Always consult your healthcare provider if you have concerns about the side effects of Tresiba.
Tresiba FlexTouch 200 Units/ml Interaction
Tresiba insulin pen may interact with several medications. You must inform your healthcare provider about all your medicines, supplements, and herbal products. Some notable interactions include:
- Oral Diabetes Medications
- ACE Inhibitors and ARBs
- Thiazolidinediones (TZDs)
- Certain Antibiotics
This is not an exhaustive list, and other medications may interact with Tresiba FlexTouch 200. Always consult your healthcare provider for personalized advice on potential drug interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is prescribed Tresiba FlexTouch 200 Units/ml?
Tresiba is prescribed to individuals with diabetes who require long-acting insulin therapy to help control their blood sugar levels. It is typically recommended for those unable to produce enough insulin to normalize their blood glucose levels effectively. This prescription is determined by a healthcare provider based on the specific needs and conditions of the patient. Always consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice and recommendations regarding insulin therapy.
Can Tresiba FlexTouch 200 Units/ml be used in children?
Yes, Tresiba FlexTouch can be used in children. It is approved for use in pediatric patients, including those aged 1 year and older, under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare provider. The dosage and administration instructions may vary based on the specific age and condition of the child. Always consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice and recommendations regarding insulin therapy for children.
Can Tresiba FlexTouch pens cause hypoglycemia?
Yes, Tresiba FlexTouch injections, like all insulin medications, can potentially lead to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). It’s essential to monitor blood sugar levels regularly and be aware of the signs of hypoglycemia, which may include sweating, shakiness, dizziness, confusion, and rapid heartbeat. If hypoglycemia occurs, it can usually be treated by consuming a source of glucose (e.g., juice candy) as directed by a healthcare provider. Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for insulin dosage and management to minimize the risk of hypoglycemia.
Can I reuse needles for injecting Tresiba insulin pens?
No, it is not recommended to reuse needles for injecting Tresiba insulin pens or any other insulin. Reusing needles can lead to complications, including infection, skin irritation, and inaccurate dosing. Using a new, sterile needle for each injection is essential to ensure safety and effectiveness. Proper needle disposal is also crucial to prevent accidental needlestick injuries. Always follow your healthcare provider’s guidance on insulin administration and disposal practices.
PolarBearMeds.com assures the most competitive prices for Tresiba FlexTouch 200 Units/ml pens sourced from accredited Canadian pharmacies. Rest easy knowing your order will be dispatched from a trusted Canadian Pharmacy. Buy Tresiba (Insulin Degludec) online and enjoy swift delivery from Canada to your doorstep. Contact us toll-free at 1-888-779-2193 for affordable medication options from a certified Canada Pharmacy.