What Are Accu-Chek Aviva Test Strips?
Accu-Chek Aviva test strips, also known as glucometer strips, serve as essential components for monitoring blood sugar levels in individuals with diabetes. These small, disposable strips facilitate the transfer of blood samples to the blood glucose meter, enabling users to obtain accurate readings in the convenience of their homes. As a crucial element in diabetes management, these strips play a pivotal role in maintaining effective treatment regimens.
Distinguished by their advanced accuracy, Accu Chek Aviva test strips eliminate the need for coding, ensuring a user-friendly experience. Typically available in packages containing either 50 or 100 units, these strips are specifically designed for compatibility with the respective blood glucose meter. It is noteworthy that while most meters exclusively accommodate one type of test strip, some models are capable of accepting blood ketone strips for ketone level testing in addition to glucose monitoring. This versatility enhances the functionality of the blood glucose meter, providing a comprehensive approach to diabetes care.
Advanced Accuracy: Gain heightened confidence in the precision of your blood sugar readings.
No Coding Required: Streamline your testing process with the elimination of coding steps.
User-Friendly Design: Tailored for individuals of all ages, our device is easy to handle and simple to use.
Efficient Sample Collection: With a minimal 0.6 microliter drop, the device fills quickly at any point along the tip, ensuring a swift and convenient testing experience.
Consumer Description: ACCU-CHEK Aviva Test Strips
Size: 50 EA
System measurement range: 20-600 mg/dL
Blood sample size: 0.6 μl
Test time & accuracy: 5-second test time
15/15 accuracy: The acceptable range for 95% of measured glucose results is within ±15 mg/dL of the laboratory reference value when blood glucose concentrations are less than 100 mg/dL. For blood glucose concentrations equal to or greater than 100 mg/dL, the acceptable range is within ±15%.
- Store the test strip container at room temperature between 36–86 °F.
- Do not freeze.
- Avoid storage in rooms with high humidity, such as the kitchen, laundry room, or bathroom.
- Be sure to store the test strips with their caps closed in their original containers.
- Protect your test strip from humidity by closing the container tightly after removing it.
- 50 Accu-Chek Aviva Test Strips
How to Use Accu Chek Aviva Test Strips?
Prepare for Testing
- Wash your hands thoroughly with warm, soapy water and ensure they are completely dry.
- Check the Use By date on the test strip container and refrain from using strips past this date.
- Insert the Accu-Chek Aviva test strip into the meter in the direction indicated by the arrows. The meter will turn on automatically.
- Observe the display for the appearance of a test strip and a flashing blood drop symbol.
Blood Sample Collection
- Utilize the lancing device to obtain a blood drop.
- On the Accu-Chek Aviva meter, a blood drop symbol appears, while the Accu-Chek Aviva Connect, Combo, or Expert meters display “Apply Sample” or “Apply drop.”
Applying Blood to the Test Strip
- Touch the blood drop to the front edge of the yellow window on the test strip.
- Wait for the confirmation symbol on the display, indicating that you have applied a sufficient blood sample.
Result Display: The blood glucose result will be shown on the meter’s display.
- Remove the test strip from the meter.
- Dispose of the used lancet and test strip in a puncture-proof container, such as a biohazard container.
Hand Hygiene: Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after testing.
Fingertip Testing Tips
- Prioritize hand hygiene by washing your hands with warm, soapy water. If using an alcohol wipe, ensure the testing site is dry before obtaining a blood drop.
- Allow your hand to hang by your side to enhance blood flow.
- Apply gentle pressure at the knuckle for 3 seconds, release, and repeat.
- Prick your finger and squeeze at the knuckle to form a blood drop, avoiding excessive pressure.
The Accu-Chek Aviva test strips are designed to work seamlessly with the following Accu-Chek meters:
- Accu-Chek Aviva
- Accu-Chek Aviva Combo
- Accu-Chek Aviva Connect
- Accu-Chek Aviva Expert
- Accu-Chek Aviva Insight
- Accu-Chek Aviva Nano
Important Safety Guidelines
- All components of the blood glucose kit are considered biohazardous due to potential contact with blood during normal testing.
- Despite cleaning and disinfecting, there is a risk of transmitting infectious diseases from bloodborne pathogens.
- Meters and lancing devices are strictly for individual use and should not be shared with others, including family members, to prevent infection risk.
- Clean and disinfect the equipment thoroughly before allowing anyone else to handle it.
- It is imperative to maintain cleanliness and disinfection of the meter and lancing device.
- Refer to the User’s Manual or Standard Owner’s Booklet for detailed instructions on proper cleaning and disinfecting.
Personal Hygiene: Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after handling the meter, lancing device, and test strips.
Avoiding Pathogen Transmission: The usage of the device on multiple patients may lead to the transmission of bloodborne pathogens like HIV, HCV, and HBV, emphasizing the importance of individual use.
- Neglecting test strip testing or mishandling can yield inaccurate results, impacting therapy. Thoroughly peruse the User’s Manual and package inserts for test strips and control solutions, ensuring precise adherence.
- Before initial use, scrutinize the test strip container. If damage is detected, the cap doesn’t close correctly, or the container was previously open, refrain from using the strips. Avoid conducting a control test. Reach out to the Accu-Chek Customer Care Service Center for guidance on damaged test strips.
- Test strips are designated solely for external use (in vitro). Never ingest the test strips.
- Due to small parts posing a choking hazard, keep test strips away from children under 3 years old. Exercise caution and ensure a safe environment for handling.
Following these guidelines ensures accurate results and saves you against potential inaccuracies that could impact therapeutic decisions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are glucose test strips good for?
Glucose test strips offer a simple way to check your blood sugar, also known as glucose levels, which is crucial for those managing diabetes. These strips team up with glucose meters to analyze and provide readings of your blood sugar levels.
How reliable are Accu-Chek test strips?
The Accu-Chek Guide sets itself apart by adhering to the stringent 10/10 accuracy rule. This means that approximately 95% of glucose readings target a deviation within 10 mg/dL of a lab reference value, specifically tailored for blood glucose concentrations below 100 mg/dL. With precision at its core, Accu-Chek remains a trusted choice for accurate and dependable glucose monitoring.
What should I keep in mind when using Aviva test strips?
Here are the things one should keep in mind when using these test strips:
Tested Blood Type: The Accu-Chek Aviva test strips are designed for analyzing fresh capillary whole blood.
Hematocrit Range: Ensure that hematocrit levels fall within the range of 10–65%.
Impact of Lipemic Samples: Excessive triglycerides (lipemic samples) beyond 1800 mg/dL may lead to elevated results.
Galactose Levels: Galactose concentrations exceeding 15 mg/dL can result in an overestimation of blood glucose levels.
Ascorbic Acid Influence: Intravenous administration of ascorbic acid, leading to blood concentrations exceeding 3 mg/dL, may cause an overestimation of blood glucose results.
Patient Suitability: Avoid using the system on critically ill patients, those in shock, dehydrated individuals, or hyperosmolar patients.
Altitude Consideration: The system has been tested and validated for accuracy at altitudes up to 10,000 feet.
When is it not recommended to perform a blood glucose test?
It is not advisable to perform a blood glucose test from the palm, forearm, or upper arm in various situations:
- Immediately after a meal (within 2 hours) when blood glucose levels can spike.
- After injecting bolus insulin, blood glucose values may decrease rapidly.
- When feeling unwell.
- In cases of suspected low blood glucose (hypoglycemia).
- For individuals who may not always notice when their blood glucose is low. If the test result doesn’t align with how you feel, conduct a fingertip test to verify. If discrepancies persist, it is recommended to contact your healthcare professional for further guidance and assessment.
At PolarBearMeds.com, we assure you the most affordable cost for ACCU CHEK Aviva Test Strips online. Rest easy knowing that your order will be dispatched from a reputable Licensed Canada Pharmacy Online, adhering to the highest standards of quality and authenticity. Our discounted products are promptly shipped from Canada directly to your doorstep, ensuring a swift and secure delivery experience. To conveniently access ACCU-CHEK Aviva Test Strips at a substantial price, call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.