What Are Microlet Lancets?
Bayer Contour Microlet Lancets are designed to collect blood samples conveniently for diabetic monitoring of blood glucose levels. Lancets featuring a silicone coating are compatible with Bayer’s Microlet, Microlet 2, and Microlet Vaculance lancing devices. This coating reduces needle surface friction, facilitates the removal of protective caps, minimizes the risk of plastic residue, and lowers the force needed to puncture the needle. These lancets come in packages of 100 or 200 units and are available in vibrant colors for easy time coding.
- Compatibility: Bayer’s Microlet Lancets seamlessly work with Microlet, Microlet 2, and Microlet Vaculance lancing devices.
- Silicone Coating: These lancets have a silicone coating, ensuring a gentler and easier testing experience.
- Reduced Puncture Force: The silicone coating not only enhances comfort but also reduces the force required for successful blood sampling.
- Easy Protective Cap Removal: The silicone-coated lancets make it easy to remove the protective cap, streamlining the blood glucose monitoring setup.
- Minimized Plastic Residue Risk: By lowering the potential risk of plastic residue from the lancing device cap, Microlet Lancets prioritizes safety and cleanliness in diabetes management.
- Color-Coding Options: Users can visually code testing times using the seven vibrant colors available.
- Package Options: Microlet Lancets are available in packages of 100 or 200 units, providing flexibility and convenience for managing diabetic testing supplies.
Microlet Lancets Specifications
Type: Single-use lancets
Material: Stainless steel
Dimensions: 0.36 x 0.25 x 1.27 inches
Weight: 2.02 Ounces
Gauge: Ultra-fine 33-gauge needle
Needle Length: Standard 1.5mm length
Sterilization: Gamma irradiation
Color Code: Easily identifiable color-coded caps for quick gauge recognition.
Quantity: Available in packs of 100 lancets
Packaging: Individually sealed for optimal hygiene and user convenience.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, ensuring the integrity of the lancets.
- 1 Box of 100 Microlet Diabetic Lancet
- Sterility: Each lancet is individually sterile, ensuring aseptic blood sampling.
- Coating: Silicone-coated for enhanced comfort during blood collection.
How to Use Bayer Contour Microlet Lancets?
Step 1. Prepare: Ensure your hands are clean and dry.
Step 2. Load Lancet: Insert the Microlet Lancet into your Microlet or compatible lancing device.
Step 3. Adjust Depth: If your device has an adjustable depth setting, choose the appropriate level for your skin type.
Step 4. Prime: Follow device instructions to prime the lancet, making it ready for use.
Step 5. Lance: Press the device against the desired puncture site and activate the lancet according to the device’s instructions.
Step 6. Collect Sample: Allow a small drop of blood to form, and collect it using your preferred testing method.
Step 7. Dispose: Safely dispose of the used Microlet next lancets in an appropriate sharps container.
The Bayer Contour Microlet Lancet is compatible with the following products:
- Microlet 2 Lancing Device
- Microlet Next Lancing Device
Warnings and Precautions
- Each Microlet next lancets are designed for a single use. Dispose of it properly in a sharps container after use. Avoid reusing lancets to prevent infection.
- Make sure the Microlet colored lancets are sterile before using. If the packaging is damaged, do not use it.
- Set the correct depth according to your skin type when using lancing devices (such as Microlet 2 or Microlet Next). By adjusting the depth, optimal blood flow is ensured.
- Do not share Microlet colored lancets with others. Sharing increases the risk of transmitting bloodborne infections.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Bayer Contour Microlet Lancets painful?
Microlet Lancets are designed with an ultra-fine gauge to minimize pain during blood sampling. While individual pain tolerance varies, the thoughtful design aims to provide a relatively painless experience for users, enhancing comfort during the blood collection process.
Can I use Microlet Lancets during pregnancy?
For pregnant individuals, it’s advisable to consult with a healthcare provider before using Microlet Lancets or any medical device. Professional guidance ensures that blood sampling procedures align with the unique health considerations during pregnancy, prioritizing both maternal and fetal well-being.
Can Microlet Lancets be adjusted for depth?
Yes, Microlet Lancets can be adjusted for depth in compatible lancing devices. Follow the specific instructions provided with the device to customize the lancet depth according to individual skin types and preferences, optimizing the blood sampling experience for users.
Are Bayer Contour Microlet Lancets reusable?
No, Microlet Lancets are designed for single use only. Reusing lancets can compromise sterility, increase the risk of infection, and impact performance. Always use a new, sterile Microlet Lancet for each blood sampling session to ensure safety, efficacy, and hygiene.
At PolarBearMeds.com, we assure you the most affordable cost for Microlet Lancets online. Rest easy knowing that your order will be dispatched from a reputable Licensed Canada Pharmacy Online, adhering to the highest standards of quality and authenticity. Our discounted products are promptly shipped from Canada directly to your doorstep, ensuring a swift and secure delivery experience. To conveniently access Microlet Next Lancets at a substantial price, call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.