Buy Humalog Insulin Online | Humalog Insulin Lispro Medications From Canada
SAVE 10% OFF First Orders with Coupon Code: WELCOMEPB10
What is Humalog Insulin?
Insulin lispro and insulin lispro protamine are among the insulin products under the brand name Humalog. A rapid-acting insulin analog, insulin lispro solution, is a version of human insulin that is genetically engineered. While an intermediate-acting insulin analog (insulin lispro protamine suspension) is a version of insulin that is intermediate-acting.
An ideal insulin analog is a fast-acting and rapidly-absorbed form of insulin that can be used to treat people with diabetes. There are two types of insulin analogs developed:
- Background (or basal) insulin, which lasts for up to 24 hours
- Mealtime (bolus) insulin, which lasts for only a few minutes.
You can buy Humalog online from a Licensed Canadian Pharmacy at Polarbearmeds.com.
What Is Humalog Kwikpen Used For?
People who are suffering from type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes can receive Humalog insulin Lispro and Humalog Lispro protamine treatment. Although neither has been officially approved for the prevention of diabetic neuropathy, diabetic nephropathy, or cardiovascular disease, they have shown some effectiveness in helping with these conditions.
Dosage of Humalog Kwikpen
Initial Dosage: The appropriate dosage of Humalog (insulin lispro) can vary widely depending on individual factors like your blood sugar levels, your doctor’s recommendations, and your specific insulin needs. It’s crucial to follow your healthcare provider’s prescribed dosage and instructions.
Typical Dosage: A common starting dose of Humalog for mealtime insulin is to be injected just before or right after a meal. The dose is typically calculated based on your carbohydrate intake, blood sugar levels, and other factors. Your doctor will provide specific guidance on how much Humalog to take with each meal.
Adjustments: Your healthcare provider may need to make dose adjustments over time based on your response to Humalog. Regular monitoring of your blood glucose levels & close communication with your healthcare team are essential to fine-tune your insulin regimen.
An insulin overdose can lead to dangerously low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia). If you suspect an overdose of Humalog, seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of hypoglycemia include: shakiness, sweating, confusion, dizziness, blurred vision, rapid heartbeat, and fainting.
To prevent overdose:
Always use the prescribed dose as directed by your healthcare provider.
Be cautious not to double-dose if you’ve forgotten whether you’ve taken your insulin.
Missing a dose of Humalog can lead to high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia). If you miss a dose, follow these guidelines:
Rapid-Acting Insulin: If you use Humalog as a rapid-acting insulin before a meal, take the missed dose as soon as you remember and then continue with your regular dosing schedule. Be aware that you may need to adjust your mealtime based on when you take the missed dose.
Longer-Acting Insulin: If you miss a dose of longer-acting insulin, follow your healthcare provider’s instructions. Depending on your insulin regimen, you may need to take the missed dose when you remember or wait until your next scheduled dose. Consult your healthcare team for guidance.
Do Not Double Dose: Never take a double dose of Humalog to make up for a missed one, as this can lead to hypoglycemia.
How Does Humalog Pen Work?
Using recombinant DNA technology, this type of insulin is produced using a harmless strain of E. coli bacteria that can help lower your blood sugar levels. It has been modified in order to make it faster than natural human insulin in order to differ from natural human insulin in its amino acid sequence.
In terms of post-meal blood sugar level control, insulin lispro has several advantages over regular insulin. Because insulin lispro is rapidly absorbed and has a shorter delay of onset, it is more flexible than regular insulin. As a consequence, it is necessary to wait a longer time before eating anything after injection.
What Are the Side Effects of Humalog Insulin?
If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your physician immediately:
- Symptoms such as swelling of the hands or feet, weight gain, and shortness of breath
- If you have low blood sugar, you may experience headaches, hunger, sweating, irritability, dizziness, fast heartbeats, and feeling anxious or shaky.
- Potassium deficiency can cause irregular heartbeats, constipation, leg cramps, fluttering in the chest, increased thirst, muscle numbness, or limping.
Warnings & Precautions
- Allergies and Hypoglycemia Risk: Do not initiate Humalog if you have a known allergy to insulin lispro or if you are currently experiencing low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
- Age Restrictions: Humalog pen, including insulin lispro and insulin lispro protamine, is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18.
- Medical History Matters: Inform your healthcare provider if you have a history of liver or kidney disease. Additionally, disclose any prior instances of low blood potassium levels (hypokalemia).
- Oral Diabetes Medications: If you are taking pioglitazone or rosiglitazone, which are sometimes found in combination with glimepiride or metformin, discuss this with your doctor. The concurrent use of these oral diabetes medications with insulin may elevate the risk of serious heart complications.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Notify your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is crucial to closely follow your doctor’s guidance on insulin use during pregnancy. Maintaining proper blood sugar levels is of utmost importance during pregnancy, as elevated levels lead to complications for both the mother and the baby.
Adhering to these precautions is essential for the safe and effective use of Humalog Insulin. Always consult with a doctor for personalized advice and guidance regarding your diabetes management.
What Are the Interactions of the Humalog Pen?
There are many medications that can interact with Humalog, such as:
Some medications can either increase or decrease the effect of Humalog insulin lispro on reducing blood sugar levels. Be sure to tell your doctor about all of the medications you take.
Frequently Asked Questions
When taking Humalog, what should I monitor?
Keeping a close eye on the sugar level in the blood is important. Hypoglycemia is the most common adverse effect seen in patients who use insulin lispro. This is the reason close glucose monitoring is recommended and is also mandatory for all patients suffering from diabetes. Any changes to dosage should be done only under medical supervision.
Can you take Humalog Kwikpen without eating?
The blood sugar levels may be dangerously low if you do not eat when taking Humalog. How long does Humalog take to work? Humalog and Humalog Mix both work quickly to lower your blood sugar. Within 15 minutes after administration, the drugs begin lowering blood sugar levels.
Does Humalog insulin need to be avoided at certain times?
In order to use Humalog safely, you must not inject it into any areas of the skin that are thickened or that have developed lumps or “pits.” Furthermore, you should not inject Humalog into any areas where the skin is bruised, tender, scaly, hard, or otherwise damaged.
Can you estimate how much Humalog should lower blood sugar by 1 unit?
Generally, one unit of insulin is needed to correct a high blood sugar situation. In order to lower the blood glucose level to 50 mg/dl, one unit of insulin is normally needed. The drop in blood glucose can vary from 30 to 100 mg/dl, depending on particular insulin sensitivity as well as other circumstances.
Polarbearmeds.com is giving Humalog for sale. We will provide the lowest price for Humalog Insulin lispro from Canada. We guarantee your order will be shipped from a Licensed Canadian Pharmacy. You can buy Humalog Insulin online from Canada at a discount price straight to your door. To buy humalog online, please call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.