Buy Novolog Insulin Online from Canada
SAVE 10% OFF First Orders with Coupon Code: WELCOMEPB10
What Is Novolog Insulin (Novorapid)?
Novolog (insulin Aspart) is a rapid-acting insulin analog that also goes by the name NovoRapid. It’s a human insulin analog that was artificially created to be structurally similar to the real thing. This minor adjustment allows for quick absorption into the bloodstream and, thus, rapid initiation of action within minutes. This method is consistent with the normal, physiological release of insulin in healthy people. Therefore, it allows for the convenience of both giving insulin and eating a meal without delay.
Novolog has a number of pre-mixed insulin products that contain both insulin Aspart and a type of insulin with a slow release, called basal or background insulin. This mixture protects against all of the ways that blood sugar levels can change during the day. These options give you a flexible dose schedule, so you can change the amount of insulin you take to fit any changes in your daily eating habits.
What Is the Use of Novolog Pens (Novorapid)?
NovoLog (NovoRapid) Insulin is used to treat and control high blood sugar in both children and adults with diabetes mellitus. When combined with long-acting insulin, like NovoLog Mix 70/30, it helps keep blood sugar levels steady not just after meals but all day long. Hypoglycemia, or a quick drop in blood sugar, is a typical adverse effect of several forms of insulin but can be mitigated with this combined strategy.
How Does Novolog Novorapid Insulin Work?
Fast-acting insulin NovoLog, or NovoRapid, is used at mealtimes. As a result of its rapid action, it efficiently manages the sharp increase in blood sugar levels following a meal. The fact that it doesn’t require you to wait 30 minutes before eating sets it apart from most other insulin products. Within 5 to 10 minutes of taking NovoLog, you can begin eating. An insulin injection provides a full duration of action for approximately 3 to 5 hours after injection, with the peak effect occurring between 45 and 90 minutes post-injection.
NovoLog is most effective when combined with a long-acting insulin for round-the-clock management of blood sugar fluctuations. NovoLog Mix 70/30 is an illustration of this concept; it blends protamine crystals with 70% insulin Aspart. Long-term control of blood sugar can be achieved with this combination. These crystals act like protein, which delays the effects of the medication so that your insulin gets released over the course of an entire day.
Safety Measures for the Use of Novolog Pens
It is important to keep the following factors in mind in order to ensure their effective and safe use:
- The recommended temperature range for storing NovoLog pens is 2°C – 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Do not freeze or expose them to direct sunlight.
- Verify the expiration date before using a NovoLog pen. Insulin that has expired may not provide the intended glucose control.
- Ensure the pen is free of discolorations, particles, or irregularities before each use. Refrain from using it if you observe anything unusual.
- Handle the pen with clean hands and avoid dropping or mishandling it, as this can affect its potency.
- In order to ensure accurate dosing, prime the pen prior to its first use and if it hasn’t been used for some time.
- Be sure to set the correct dosage and double-check it before administering. If your prescription changes, you should be especially vigilant.
- Ensure proper injection technique, including selecting an appropriate site, maintaining sterility, and avoiding intramuscular injections.
- Changing injection sites regularly will prevent lipodystrophy, where fat tissue changes at the injection site, affecting insulin absorption.
- NovoLog pens are intended for individual use only. Contamination and potential health risks can result from sharing.
- Taking rapid-acting insulin like NovoLog vial can cause low blood sugar levels. For emergencies, carry glucose sources and eat a balanced diet.
Warning and Side Effects of Novolog Penfill
Warnings to consider while using Novolog Penfill:
- Hypoglycemia is a risk because Novolog Pens may drop blood sugar levels too much. To stop hypoglycemia, it’s important to keep an eye on things.
- Hyperglycemia: High blood sugar levels can happen, which means the dose needs to be changed.
- Allergic Reactions: Seek immediate medical attention for signs of allergic reactions like rash, itching, or trouble breathing.
Common side effects of Novolog Penfill:
- At the injection site, Novolog Pens can sometimes cause redness, swelling, or itching.
- Hypoglycemia can also happen if the dose isn’t right for how much food is eaten. Always ask a health care professional for help that is right for you.
Insulin Novolog Interactions
Novolog (Insulin Aspart) may interact with medicines like oral diabetes drugs, beta-blockers, and some blood pressure medications. It’s important to tell your doctor about all medicines you’re taking, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, to make sure they don’t interact badly. Talk to your doctor or nurse about all of your medicines and supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions
How soon does a dose of NovoLog insulin start to work?
After being injected, Novolog insulin usually starts to work within 5 to 10 minutes, and its best effect is usually between 45 and 90 minutes. Because of this, it is a good choice for controlling blood sugar before or after a meal.
Can other insulins be mixed with NovoLog?
You shouldn’t mix NovoLog with other insulins unless your doctor tells you to. It is made to be used by itself, and mixing it with other insulins could change how well it works and how it works. Before making any changes to your insulin schedule, you should always talk to your healthcare team first.
What is the best way to store NovoLog insulin?
NovoLog insulin pens should be kept in a refrigerator between 36 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit (2 and 8 degrees Celsius). They can be kept at room temperature (below 86°F or 30°C) for up to 28 days after they have been used. Don’t put them in settings that are too hot or too cold, and keep them out of direct sunlight.
What should I do if I forget to take my NovoLog dose?
If you forget to take your NovoLog dose, take it as soon as you remember, and then go back to your normal routine. But if it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to your regular routine. Do not take two doses at once to make up for one you missed.
Polarbearmeds.com will provide the lowest price for Novolog NovoRapid Insulin from Canada. We guarantee that your order will be shipped from a Licensed Canadian Pharmacy. Our entire discount Insulin products are shipped quickly and directly to your door from Canada. To order this insulin medication online from a Canada Pharmacy at a discounted price please call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.