What Is OneTouch Delica Lancing Device?
The OneTouch Delica Lancing Device, developed by LifeScan Canada Ltd., is used to collect blood samples for monitoring blood glucose levels in diabetes management. It is designed for use with OneTouch Delica lancets and is known for its advanced glide control for more precise lancing. It is part of the OneTouch family and is often used in conjunction with other OneTouch blood glucose monitoring products.
The OneTouch Delica Lancing Device has several key features:
- Precision Technology: This technology results in precise and smoother lancing.
- 13 Depth Settings: These settings provide better control, allowing you to adjust the lancet depth to your comfort level.
- Extra Fine Lancets: The device uses Extra Fine lancets, such as 33G, that have a silicone coating for soft gliding into the skin.
- Compatibility: The device works with both OneTouch Delica and OneTouch Delica Plus Lancets.
- Virtually Pain-Free: Testing with the OneTouch Delica Plus lancing device is less painful compared to other lancets.
Dimensions: 14 x 4 x 2 cm
Weight: 1 gram
Depth Settings: 13 depth
Control: A slider for cocking the device and a button for releasing the Lancet.
Ejection: To remove the Lancet, hold the lancing device downwards and push the slider forward until the Lancet comes out.
Packaging Includes: OneTouch Delica Lancing Device & Instruction for use.
- OneTouch Delica Lancing Device
- Instruction for use
How to Use OneTouch Delica Lancing Device?
Here are the steps to use the OneTouch Delica lancing device:
- Remove the lancing device cap.
- Remove the protective cover from the OneTouch Delica plus lancing device and insert a sterile lancet.
- Replace the lancing device cap.
- The depth setting needs to be adjusted. The smaller number indicates a shallower puncture, while the larger number indicates a deeper puncture.
- Slide the button back until it clicks to close the lancing device.
- Place the OneTouch Delica plus lancing device firmly against the side of your finger.
- Press the release button to pierce.
- Squeeze or massage your fingertip until a round drop of blood appears.
- Follow the instructions in the OneTouch Owner’s Booklet when applying the blood sample.
- To remove the OneTouch Delica plus Lancing device, hold the lancing device downwards, then propel the slider ahead until the Lancet is removed.
- To avoid lancet stick injuries, discard the used Lancet carefully after each use.
- OneTouch Delica Plus Lancets
- OneTouch Delica Lancets
- OneTouch Verio Reflect meter
- OneTouch Verio Flex meter
Warnings and Precautions
Here are some warnings and precautions to consider when using the OneTouch Delica lancing device:
- To reduce the chance of infection and disease spread by blood, make sure to rinse the sample area with soap and warm water and dry it before sampling.
- OneTouch Delica lancing device is planned for a single user. Do not share a lancet or lancing device with anyone.
- Always use a fresh, sterile lancet every time you experiment with Lancets for single use only.
Disposal and Cleaning
- Always keep your meter and lancing device clean.
- Discard the used Lancet carefully after each use to avoid unintended Lancet stick injuries.
- Lancet reuse can distort the tip of the Lancet, causing harm to your skin, scarring, and more pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Delica Lancing Device suitable for children?
The OneTouch Delica lancing device is not specifically designed for children. The device, cap, and lancet shielding covers are considered choking hazards. Therefore, it’s important to keep the device out of reach of young children. Always consult with a healthcare professional for advice on blood glucose testing for children.
How often should I change the Lancet?
For the OneTouch Delica lancing device, you should use a new, sterile lancet every time you test. Reusing lancets can dull or bend the tip, causing damage to your skin, scarring, and greater pain. Always discard the used Lancet in a container.
Can I use the OneTouch Delica for alternate site testing?
No, the OneTouch Delica Lancing device does not comprise the materials required to conduct Alternate Site Testing (AST). It is recommended to use only fingertips when testing with the system. Always follow the instructions in your OneTouch Owner’s Booklet for proper application.
How long does it take to get a blood sample using the Delica Lancing Device?
The time it takes to get a blood sample using the OneTouch Delica Plus lancing device can vary depending on individual factors. However, after pricking your finger, you may need to gently squeeze and massage your fingertip until a round drop of blood forms. This process could take around 30 seconds.
At PolarBearMeds.com, we assure you the most affordable cost for OneTouch Delica lancing device online. Rest easy knowing that your order will be dispatched from a reputable Licensed Canada Pharmacy Online, adhering to the highest standards of quality and authenticity. Our discounted products are promptly shipped from Canada directly to your doorstep, ensuring a swift and secure delivery experience. To conveniently access OneTouch lancing devices at a substantial price, call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.