Buy Levemir Flextouch Pen Online from Trusted Canadian Pharmacy
What Is a Levemir FlexTouch Pen?
The Levemir FlexTouch is a pre-filled insulin pen containing Insulin Detemir, a long-acting human insulin analog. These insulin analogs are chemically modified versions of natural insulin. Insulin Detemir closely resembles natural insulin but with a slight alteration that allows for rapid absorption into the body. This makes it an ideal basal insulin, maintaining consistent blood sugar control throughout the day. Notably, Levemir FlexTouch is associated with a reduced risk of causing weight gain compared to other insulin analogs.
Much like the insulin naturally produced by the pancreas, Levemir plays a pivotal role in regulating the breakdown of nutrients, including sugars, fats, and proteins. It facilitates the uptake of sugar from the bloodstream into fat, liver, and skeletal muscle cells while preventing the liver from releasing excessive sugar into the blood. Levemir FlexTouch Pen is used to regulate blood sugar levels in both adults and children diagnosed with diabetes mellitus through the precise administration of insulin.
Dosage & Storage of Insulin Detemir
It is crucial to personalize your Levemir dose based on your body’s response to blood sugar levels. Any adjustments to your dose or timing should only be made with your healthcare provider’s approval and careful monitoring of blood sugar. Here are the dosage guidelines:
- For type 1 diabetes, the initial Levemir dose should be approximately 1/3 of your total daily insulin requirements. Your remaining daily insulin needs can be met using short-acting or rapid-acting insulin at mealtimes.
- In the case of type 2 diabetes uncontrolled by oral medications, the recommended starting Levemir dose is 10 Units (or 0.1 to 0.2 Units per kilogram of body weight). This dose can be taken once a day in the evening or split into two doses per day.
- If you are transitioning from insulin glargine or NPH insulin, your shift to Levemir can often be done on a unit-to-unit basis. However, it’s important to note that some individuals with type 2 diabetes may require more Levemir insulin than NPH insulin for effective blood sugar control.
Storage of Levemir Flextouch Pen
The Levemir insulin pen offers remarkable convenience in insulin administration as it comes with an adjustable dial to set your dosage to be injected. Once opened, the Levemir pen can be safely used for up to 42 days without refrigeration, enhancing its practicality in day-to-day management. If your healthcare provider or pharmacist has provided you with any specific guidance or instructions for storage, be sure to adhere to those recommendations.
How Should Levemir Flextouch Be Taken?
Levemir FlexTouch is administered as a subcutaneous injection under the skin in areas like the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. Keep in mind that factors such as exercise, stress, illness, changes in medication, and meal patterns can influence its absorption and effectiveness, as is the case with all insulins.
For those using this medication once a day, it’s recommended to take the dose with your evening meal or at bedtime. If you need to take Levemir twice a day, you can do so in the evening with your meal, at bedtime, or 12 hours after your morning dose. Do not dilute Levemir FlexTouch or mix it with any other insulin or solution, and avoid injecting it into a vein or muscle.
Precautions To Take While Taking Levemir
Before using the FlexTouch pen, it’s crucial to be mindful of precautions that should be taken into account. There are some precautions mentioned below that must be considered if you are using the Levemir Flextouch pen:
- You should never share your Levemir pen with anyone, even if the needle is changed, as sharing carries a significant risk of infection transmission.
- If you have kidney or liver issues, remember to carefully monitor blood sugar as dose adjustments may be necessary depending upon the sugar levels.
- It’s essential to consult your healthcare provider and disclose all relevant medical information. Like any new prescription or over-the-counter medications, including supplements, that you are currently taking.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Additionally, if you wish to buy Levemir online from a reputable Canadian pharmacy. You can buy it from Polar Bear Meds to ensure the authenticity and safety of the medication as a precaution.
Side Effects of Levemir Flextouch (Insulin Detemir)
Common side effects of taking Insulin Detemir may include:
- Allergic reactions
- Injection site reactions (including lipodystrophy)
- Pruritus (itching)
- Diarrhea (if taken with a GLP-1 receptor agonist)
Keep in mind that these side effects may not affect everyone, and there could be other side effects that are not mentioned here. If you observe any unusual symptoms, it’s important to reach out to your healthcare provider.
Insulin Detemir Interactions
Certain medications may alter your insulin requirements, potentially increasing the risk of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) or high blood sugar (hyperglycemia). Combining Levemir with drugs known as thiazolidinediones (TZDs) can lead to fluid retention (edema) and potentially trigger heart failure. It’s essential to monitor for any signs and symptoms of heart failure. If such signs appear, your healthcare provider may need to adjust your dose or discontinue TZD use. Levemir should not be taken alongside these drugs:
- ACE inhibitors
- GLP-1 receptor agonists
- Angiotensin II receptor blocking agents
- Somatostatin analogs (such as octreotide)
- DPP-4 inhibitors
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- SGLT-2 inhibitors
- Antidiabetic agents
it may be necessary to adjust their dosage and increase the frequency of glucose monitoring as these drugs may affect the blood sugar level.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I miss my dose of Levemir?
If you miss a dose of Levemir, administer it as soon as you remember. Proceed with your regular schedule and avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one, as this could raise the risk of hypoglycemia or low blood sugar.
Does Levemir’s dosage need to be adjusted during pregnancy?
Your body’s insulin needs will likely increase as you gain weight during pregnancy. Your healthcare provider will guide how frequently to monitor your blood sugar while using Levemir. You and your healthcare provider can use this data to make necessary dosage adjustments throughout pregnancy and you can buy Levemir online.
Is Levemir a long-term treatment?
Indeed, Levemir is recommended as a long-term treatment. It is intended for ongoing, continuous management of diabetes to help regulate blood sugar levels effectively and maintain your overall health. If you and your healthcare provider agree that Levemir is safe and effective for your needs, it will likely be used over an extended period.
What strength is Levemir available in?
Levemir is available in a single strength, which is 100 units of insulin detemir per milliliter (abbreviated as “U-100”). This means that every milliliter of Levemir contains 100 units of the insulin detemir hormone. This concentration, U-100, is the standard strength for Levemir and is commonly used for insulin injections in diabetes management.
At PolarBearMeds.com, we assure you the most affordable prices to buy Levemir Flextouch pens. Rest easy knowing that your order will be dispatched from a reputable Licensed Canada Pharmacy Online, adhering to the highest standards of quality and authenticity. Our discounted insulin medications are promptly shipped from Canada directly to your doorstep, ensuring a swift and secure delivery experience. To conveniently buy Levemir online at a substantial cost, call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.