Buy Basaglar KwikPen Insulin & Cartridges from Canada
What Is Basaglar Kwikpen (Insulin Glargine) Injection?
The Basaglar KwikPen is a long-acting insulin, specifically insulin glargine, that is used to manage diabetes. Several hours after injection, it begins to work and lasts all day. Boehringer Ingelheim, a leading pharmaceutical company based in Burlington, manufactures this insulin delivery system for individuals with diabetes that can be administered easily and precisely. Providing a steady release of insulin, Basaglar KwikPen regulates blood sugar levels and helps individuals maintain better control.
How Is Basaglar Kwikpen Dosage Taken?
A Basaglar KwikPen is a prefilled insulin delivery device that simplifies administration. The device is designed for subcutaneous (under the skin) injections.
This clear, sterile injectable solution comes in a pre-filled 3ml delivery device. The prescribed dose of Basaglar KwikPen varies based on individual patient needs, ranging from 1 to 80 units. It should be administered once daily at a consistent time.
For type I diabetes treatment, it is advised to start with 1/3 of the total daily insulin requirement. Basaglar should be complemented with pre-meal insulin and rapid- or short-acting insulin to meet the remaining daily insulin needs. If treating type I diabetes, Basaglar must be used alongside a short- or rapid-acting insulin.
In the case of type II diabetes, patients should initiate with 0.2 units/kg (or up to 10 units once daily). While using Basaglar, adjustments to the dosage and timing of other diabetes medications, including rapid- or short-acting insulins, may be necessary.
Modifications to the Basaglar dosage should be made to account for changes in hepatic or renal function, physical activity levels, and meal patterns (such as the timing of food intake or macronutrient composition).
The process is as follows:
- Pen preparation: Check the insulin appearance by removing the cap from the KwikPen. You should be able to see through it, and it should be colorless. Do not use it if it is not.
- Basaglar KwikPen Dosage selection: Set the dose selector to the number of units you need. Before injecting, double-check the dose.
- Injection site cleaning: Use an alcohol pad to clean the area. Let it air dry.
- Insulin injection: Insert the Basaglar Kwikpen needles at a 90-degree angle into the cleaned area using the pen as a pencil.
- Dosage administration: Press the dose button until the count returns to zero. To make sure you get the full dose, hold the button in and count to 10.
- The needle is withdrawn as follows: Let go of the dose button after removing the needle from your skin.
- Recap: Recap the KwikPen.
How Does Basaglar Kwikpen Work?
Insulin glargine is a synthetic type of long-acting insulin found in Basaglar KwikPen. The mechanism of action of this drug is similar to that of naturally occurring insulin in the body. Insulin glargine forms micro-precipitates under the skin when injected subcutaneously. By releasing insulin slowly, these micro-precipitates provide a steady and prolonged absorption into the bloodstream.
Over an extended period, usually lasting up to 24 hours, this gradual release regulates glucose levels. Basaglar Kwikpen needles have a relatively constant effect, which minimizes the need for multiple daily injections, unlike some other insulins.
Warning and Side Effects of Basaglar Kwikpen
- The Basaglar KwikPen can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Hypoglycemia should be recognized and managed by patients.
- During periods of illness or stress, dose adjustments may be necessary for hyperglycemia (high blood sugar).
- Patients at risk of hypokalemia should be monitored for potassium levels.
- Allergic reactions, while rare, can occur. When you notice any signs of a serious allergic reaction, seek immediate medical attention.
- In some patients, Basaglar KwikPen needles can cause fluid retention, which can exacerbate heart failure.
- Patients with hepatic or renal issues may require dose adjustments.
Common Side Effects:
- Injection site reactions (redness, swelling, itching)
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Lipodystrophy (changes in fatty tissue at injection site)
- Weight gain
Rare but Serious Side Effects:
- Severe hypoglycemia requiring assistance
- Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
Other Possible Side Effects:
- Changes in vision
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fluid retention or edema
Basaglar KwikPen Interactions
Basaglar KwikPen may interact with various medications. Inform your healthcare provider about all current medications, including:
- Sulfonylureas (e.g., Glipizide)
- Biguanides (e.g., Metformin)
- Beta-blockers (e.g., Atenolol)
- Thiazolidinediones (e.g., Rosiglitazone)
- ACE Inhibitors (e.g., Lisinopril)
- Corticosteroids (e.g., Prednisone)
- MAOIs (e.g., Phenelzine)
- Growth hormone
- Thyroid hormones (e.g., Levothyroxine)
For personalized advice, you should always consult with your healthcare provider before you buy Basaglar KwikPen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Basaglar KwikPen different from other insulins?
While Basaglar is similar to other long-acting insulins like Lantus, Levemir, and Toujeo, there may be slight differences in their formulations and how they are administered. It’s important to note that the choice of insulin should be based on individual factors and should be determined by a healthcare provider.
Can I adjust my Basaglar dosage on my own?
No, it’s crucial not to adjust your Basaglar dosage on your own. Any changes to your insulin dosage should be made under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Self-adjusting insulin doses without professional guidance can lead to complications and should be avoided. Always consult with your healthcare provider before making any changes to your insulin regimen.
After injection, how soon does Basaglar KwikPen work?
Basaglar KwikPen, containing insulin glargine, typically starts working a few hours after injection. It provides a gradual and consistent release of insulin over an extended period. Remember, individual response times may vary, and it’s important to follow your healthcare provider’s advice on insulin use and dosage adjustments.
Can I travel with Basaglar KwikPen?
Yes, you can travel with Basaglar KwikPen. It’s important to ensure that you have an adequate supply of insulin for the duration of your trip. Make sure to pack it in a cool place, as per the manufacturer’s recommendations, and avoid exposing it to heat or direct sunlight. Additionally, carry a prescription or a note from your healthcare provider in case you need to explain its use at security checkpoints.
PolarBearMeds.com ensures the best Basaglar Kwikpen price sourced directly from Canada. Your order is guaranteed to be dispatched from a Licensed Canadian Pharmacy if you buy Basaglar KwikPen from Polar Bear Meds. Our discounted Insulin products swiftly ship from Canada, delivering straight to your doorstep. For convenient, budget-friendly access to this vital insulin, please call us toll-free at 1-888-779-2193. Your health and satisfaction are our top priorities.