Buy Dexilant 60 Mg Capsules Online from Canadian Pharmacy
What Is Dexilant (Dexlansoprazole)?
Dexilant contains the active ingredient dexlansoprazole and is prescribed for treating Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Regurgitation of stomach acid into the esophagus causes symptoms like heartburn and chest discomfort.
As a proton pump inhibitor (PPI), Dexilant effectively reduces stomach acid production. It is typically recommended to take an oral capsule every day. An individual’s medical history and requirements will determine the dosage prescribed by a healthcare provider.
Additionally, Dexilant is indicated for conditions associated with elevated stomach acids, such as erosive esophagitis and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Individuals experiencing persistent or regular heartburn should seek medical advice before taking Dexilant. Dexilant isn’t intended to treat occasional heartburn.
How Should I Take Dexilant Capsules?
In addition to the specific condition, the severity of the condition, and customized patient factors, the dosage of Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) may vary. Ensure you follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and the prescription label’s dosing instructions. Consult your doctor before changing your dosage.
The typical adult dosage for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and related conditions is:
- The usual oral dose for GERD maintenance therapy is Dexilant 30 mg once daily.
- The recommended dose of Dexilant 60 mg once daily for up to eight weeks is recommended for the treatment of erosive esophagitis.
- A dose of Dexilant 30 mg once daily may be used for maintaining healed erosive esophagitis.
- In the case of Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, Dexilant 60mg once a day is usually the starting dose. Depending on the patient’s needs, the dosage may be adjusted.
Follow these steps to take Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) capsules:
Follow the Dosing Instructions on the Label: Read and follow the instructions available on the prescription label carefully. Feel free to ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Consistency: For consistent effectiveness, try taking your Dexilant capsule at the same time each day.
Swallow whole: The capsule should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. The capsule should not be crushed, chewed, or broken. You have two options if you have difficulty swallowing it whole:
- Option 1: Sprinkle the granules on applesauce after opening the capsule. Without chewing, swallow the mixture immediately. You should not save it.
- Option 2: You can open the capsule and mix the granules with about 20 mL (about 2/3 ounce) of apple juice. Stir and swallow the mixture right away. Do not save it for later use.
Take with or without Food: You can take Dexilant with or without food. However, it’s important to be consistent with how you take it.
- Do not delay taking your missed dose.
- When you miss a dose, continue your usual schedule.
- Avoid doubling or tripling the dose to make up for a missed dose.
How Does Dexilant Work?
As a proton pump inhibitor (PPI), Dexilant contains the active ingredient dexlansoprazole. Specifically, it inhibits the proton pump, which produces gastric acid in the stomach lining. As a result, Dexilant effectively reduces stomach acid secretion.
In conditions like Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and related disorders, excess acid causes symptoms such as heartburn and chest discomfort. Dexilant alleviates these symptoms and promotes the healing of esophageal tissue affected by acid reflux by mitigating acid production.
What Should I Discuss with My Physician Prior to Using Dexlansoprazole Capsules?
- If any component of this medication, including dexlansoprazole, causes you to become allergic (dexlansoprazole capsules).
- If you are allergic to any part of the dexlansoprazole pills, tell your doctor.
- If you have any liver disease, consult with your primary healthcare provider.
- If you are on any of the following medications: rilpivirine, nelfinavir, or atazanavir, consult your doctor before starting Dexilant.
- Whether you are on Rifampin or St. John’s wort medication, or any other medication, Try not to continue any medication with Dexilant without consulting with your healthcare provider.
This is not a comprehensive name list of all medication interactions or health issues (dexlansoprazole capsules).
Important Warnings and Side Effects of Dexilant
- Common side effects of Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) capsules may include headache, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, and gas.
- An allergic reaction may cause difficulty breathing or swelling in your face, tongue, lips, or throat. Contact your doctor as soon as possible if you experience these symptoms.
- Symptoms of Dexilant-associated diarrhea may include Clostridium difficile infection. If you experience persistent diarrhea while taking Dexilant, tell your healthcare provider.
- Dexilant, especially in high doses, may increase the risk of bone fractures when used for a long period of time. Concerns about bone health should be discussed with your healthcare provider.
- In the case of severe kidney disease, your doctor may require you to adjust your dosage.
- You should inform your healthcare provider if you have any liver disease or abnormal liver function tests before starting Dexilant. It may be necessary to monitor the patient regularly.
- Prolonged use of Dexilant can lead to low magnesium levels, which can cause symptoms such as muscle spasms, irregular heartbeats, and seizures. Consult your healthcare provider if you experience any unusual symptoms.
- In case of pregnancy, pregnancy planning, or breastfeeding, you should consult your doctor. Dexilant should be carefully considered during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Dexilant Capsule Interactions
Several medications may interact with Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) capsules. All medications and herbal supplements you are using should be disclosed to your healthcare provider. Here are a few notable interactions:
- Dexilant may interfere with the way warfarin works, potentially causing bleeding complications.
- Dexilant can alter digoxin’s absorption, which may require dosage adjustments.
- Using Dexilant concurrently with methotrexate may increase the levels of methotrexate, potentially causing more side effects.
- Dexilant may reduce ketoconazole absorption.
- Dexilant might decrease the effectiveness of clopidogrel, a blood thinner.
How Important Is Taking Consultation from a Healthcare Professional?
Don’t forget to tell your doctor and pharmacist about any supplements, herbal remedies, or OTC drugs you’re using. Dexlansoprazole capsules should only be used if it is safe for you to do so, given all of your medications and health issues. You should never start, stop, or change the amount of a medicine without first talking to your doctor.
Dexilant can interfere with other medications, such as blood thinners and some antibiotics, so it’s vital to let your doctor and other medical professionals know if you’re using it.
Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) treats GERD, and other disorders brought on by too much stomach acid. It is taken orally, often once daily, and reduces the formation of stomach acid to work.
Although most side effects are minor and may disappear within a few days or weeks, people should visit a doctor if they suffer more severe adverse effects. Individuals should consult a healthcare professional if they have frequent or chronic heartburn since Dexilant should not be used to treat infrequent cases of heartburn.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I have a follow-up appointment for Dexilant?
You should make a follow-up appointment with your healthcare provider as directed by your prescription. A follow-up within a few weeks to a few months may be recommended if you have been using Dexilant long-term to assess its effectiveness and monitor for potential side effects. Follow the advice of your healthcare provider at all times.
How should I handle an overdose of Dexilant?
If you suspect an overdose of Dexilant, contact a poison control center or seek immediate medical attention. In the event of an overdose, go to the nearest emergency room as soon as possible. Bring the Dexilant packaging or prescription bottle with you for reference.
Does Dexilant take a long time to work?
Within a few days of starting treatment, Dexilant may provide relief from acid-related symptoms like heartburn. It may take up to 8 weeks for conditions such as erosive esophagitis to see significant improvement. For Dexilant to take full effect, follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and allow the prescribed time frame.
What is the recommended dosage of Dexilant?
Typically, the recommended dosage for maintaining GERD is 30 mg once daily. To heal erosive esophagitis, you may need to take a 60 mg dose once a day for a period of up to 8 weeks. Dosages vary for each person, so it’s important to discuss with your healthcare provider for specific instructions.
Polarbearmeds.com offers the most competitive pricing for Dexilant 60 mg capsules imported from Canada. Your order will be dispatched from a duly licensed Canadian Pharmacy Online. Discounted insulin products are efficiently shipped from Canada directly to you. You can buy Dexilant 60 mg online from our reputable Canadian Pharmacy. Contact us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free to place an order for this insulin medication from a trusted Canadian pharmacy at a discounted rate.