Why is Flovent HFA Prescribed?
Flovent HFA (fluticasone oral inhalation) is used to be preventative with difficulty breathing, a tight feeling in the chest, wheezing, and coughing caused by asthma. Corticosteroids is a class of drugs that Fluticasone is included in. It works by reducing swelling and aggravation in the airways to allow for easier breathing.
How should Oral Fluticasone be used?
Flovent HFA (fluticasone) should be inhaled by the mouth and comes as an aerosol. Flovent HFA (fluticasone) is generally inhaled twice a day. Flovent HFA (fluticasone) should be taken around the same times every day. Follow the directions on your prescription tag exactly, and ask your medical professional or apothecary to explain any part you don’t understand. Use Flovent HFA (fluticasone) exactly as directed. Don’t use more or less of it or use it more frequently than specified by your medical professional.
Talk to your medical professional about how you should use your other oral and inhaled drugs for asthma during your treatment with Flovent HFA (fluticasone)inhalation. However, Dexone), methylprednisolone (Medrol), If you were taking an oral steroid similar as dexamethasone (Decadron. Special care will be required in certain situations for several months as your body adjusts to the change in this drug. Ask your medical professional for further information.
Flovent HFA (fluticasone) helps to avoid asthma attacks (unforeseen occurrences of shortness of breath, gasping, and coughing) but won’t stop an asthma attack that has formerly started. Don’t use Flovent HFA (fluticasone) during an asthma attack. Your medical professional will specify a short- acting inhaler to use during asthma attacks.
Your medical professional will likely start you on an average dosage of Flovent HFA (fluticasone). Your medical professional may reduce your dosage when your symptoms are controlled or increase it if your symptoms haven’t shown improvement after at least 2 weeks.
Flovent HFA (fluticasone) controls asthma but doesn’t cure it. Your symptoms may show improvement in about 24 hours after you begin using Flovent HFA (fluticasone), but it may take 2 weeks or longer before you feel the full benefit of the drug. Continue to use Flovent HFA (fluticasone) when and if you feel well. Don’t stop using Flovent HFA (fluticasone) without talking to your medical professional.
Tell your medical professional if your asthma worsens during your treatment. Call your medical professional if you have an asthma attack that doesn’t stop when you use your fast- acting asthma Trelegy drug, or if you need to use additional doses of your fast- acting drug than usual.
The inhaler that comes with Flovent HFA (fluticasone) aerosol is designed for use only with a can of Flovent HFA (fluticasone). Not in any circumstance should you use it to inhale any other drug, and no way use any other inhaler to inhale Flovent HFA (fluticasone).
Each can of Flovent HFA (fluticasone) aerosol is designed to give 60 or 120 inhalations, depending on its size. After the labeled number of inhalations has been used, further inhalations may not contain the correct quantity of drug. Its a good idea to record the number of inhalations you have used of Flovent HFA.
You can divide the number of inhalations in your inhaler by the number of inhalations you use each day to calculate out how many additional days your inhaler will last. Throw away the can after you have used the labeled number of inhalations indeed if it still contains some liquid and continues to release a spray when it’s pressed. Don’t float the can in water to see if it still contains the drug.
Before your first use of your Flovent HFA (fluticasone) aerosol inhaler you need to read the written instructions that come with it. Look at the graphics precisely and be sure that you understand all the components of the inhaler. Ask your medical professional, apothecary, or respiratory therapist to show you how to use it. Try a few practice doses of the inhaler while she or he watches you.
Don’t use your Flovent HFA (fluticasone) inhaler while you’re near an open flame or a heat source. The inhaler may explode if it’s exposed to extremely high temperatures.
To use the aerosol inhaler, follow these procedures:
Before you use the inhaler for the first time, remove it from the overwrap. Throw away the overwrap and the drying packet that’s inside the overwrap.
- Make sure that the inhaler is at room temperature before use.
- Remove the cap from the bottom on the unit. The band on the side of the cap will stay attached to the actuator to keep the cap from getting lost. Check the mouthpiece for dirt and other objects before each use, especially if the cap wasn’t used to cover the unit.
- Be sure the can is completely and forcefully fitted in the selector. Shake (mix) the inhaler rally well for at least 5 seconds.
- Even so, prime it by releasing four test sprays into the air, down from your face, If you’re using the inhaler for the first time. Shake (mix) the inhaler for at least 5 seconds before each spray or longer. However, or if you have dropped the inhaler, shake the inhaler for 5 seconds and release one spray into the air, If you haven’t used the inhaler in more than 7 days. Be very careful not to get this drug in your eyes.
- Breathe out through your mouth.
- Hold the inhaler toward you and place the mouthpiece on the towards the bottom. Place your thumb under the mouthpiece and your pointer finger on the top of the can. Put the mouthpiece of the inhaler in your mouth and close your lips around it creating a seal.
- Breathe in deeply and sluggishly through your mouth. At the same time, press down forcefully on the top of the can with your pointer finger. Remove your pointer finger as soon as the spray is released.
- When you have breathed in completely, remove the inhaler from your mouth and close your mouth.
- Try to hold your breath for 10 seconds.
- Even so, hold on 30 seconds, shake the can again, If your medical professional told you to inhale further than one breath.
- Put the cap back on the mouthpiece.
- Wash your mouth with water and spew the water out. Don’t swallow the water.
Clean your inhaler once a week after an evening dosage. To clean your inhaler, follow these procedures:
- Remove the mouthpiece cap but leave the can in the selector.
- Dampen the tip of a cotton ball with water. Use the damp cotton ball to clean the small hole where the drug comes out. Twist the cotton ball in a roundabout movement to remove any drug that’s left in or near the hole.
- Duplicate step 2 with another cotton ball.
- Dampen a clean towel with water. Wipe the inside of the mouthpiece with the damp towel.
- Leave the mouthpiece uncovered overnight to allow it to air dry.
- Replace the mouthpiece cap when the selector is dry.
PolarBearMeds.com will provide the lowest price for Flovent HFA from Canada. We guarantee your order will be shipped from a Licensed Canada Pharmacy Online. All of our discount Insulin products are shipped fast from Canada, straight to your door. To order this insulin medication online at a cheap discount from a Canada Pharmacy please call us at 1-888-779-2193 toll-free.